IP numbers exposed

Thread: IP numbers exposed

IP numbers exposed

hi there, sorry if i don't have enough personal information in my profile, i prefer to keep my "identity a secret". anyways here's the following...

the first step is to go to MS DOS and type " ping www.website.com" and a number should apear like this [] and instead of typing in the words, go to the adress bar and type in the number that belongs to the site that your looking for.

Each computer has a number, like every house has an adress, if you lke to know what's the ip number fo your computer just go to MS DOS and type te following command " ipconfig", three numbers will appear, the first number will say "IP adress ..........", the second one will say "Subnet mask ............." and the last one will say "Default Gateway........"

i hope that you enjoyed you visit, if you have questions i'll be mor than happy to assist you
    just email me at Theoglazier@yahoo.com

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Not really a tutorial. The information is ok. It basically describes the end effect of DNS and what DNS does when it comes to using the ICMP protocol.

Perhaps I'm missing something...
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage