Thread: RAM and ROM exposed

Talking RAM and ROM exposed

your computer is equiped with two type fo different chips, one with temporary the other permanent, the temporary is called RAM (Random Access Memory), the permanent is called ROM (Read Only Memory).

the Random Access Memory (RAM) is the type that could be replaced, you can go to any software store nd buy it right off the shelf, the functions of the RAM chip is to save information for a certain amount of time until you have saved it on the ROM (Read Only Memory) which saves information permanently

if you have anymore question about ROM or Ram you can contact me at theoglazier@yahoo.com

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    *Moved from Tutorials to Hardware*
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Why should we contact you via email? Are the other members of this community not important enough to read your response or are you just too lazy to reply in a public forum where you have to look?

Petitioning for replies via email is considered rude and arrogant. Please request replies in public in the future.

/edit
    I didn't say you were rude and arrogant... I said your post made you look that way. If you're offering to share knowledge with the rest of the world, why not do it in a public forum where everyone can benifit?

Nothing is wrong with placing emails in posts (it generates spam, but that's another story...). But by asking for private replies via email you are telling everyone that you can't be bothered checking this forum for questions. And any reply you give will not be available for public viewing, which is the whole point of having a forum like this.
    /edit
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

Angry

to whom it may concern

on my first post i'm being called at as rude and arrogant?!!
    as far as i'm concerned this is not a dictatorship!, i'm sorry if you dissagree with me
    but i have my reasons why i place my e-mail in my post, if this bothers you then don't bother
    reading my posts if it bothers you so much.

as being a member of an organization against net crime i'd like some feedback from the administrators if i should continue my membership here at anionline or just ban me for placing my email in my posts.

Me thinks both of you need to relax. The option of putting an email at the end of a post may be indicative of someone not able to visit the site regularly or perferring to give personal responses/one-to-one attention.

What I would suggest is this:

Theoglazier, as you may have noticed, threads have the ability to tell you when someone replies. Rather than having them email you why not just have people respond here or have them send you a PM? The system will send you a little notification if either happens (check your profile/site options to ensure this is set up correctly.)

One thing to keep in mind is that some might think that by sending you an email you are attempting a form of email harvesting -- whether this is in fact the case or not. At the very least, it appears as if you are attempting to limit how much information you want to distribute. Remember this is a security site and people are concerned about their privacy as much as learning about how their PC works and how to ensure security is set up as best as possible.

Striek is perhaps being a little strong in his posting but there is some validity in it. Information on many topics should be available to all.

And since this thread is going a little bit beyond hardware, I'll move it yet again. (Ain't this fun? Ring around the posties)
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

Theo, the choice is yours IMHO as to whether you want your email there or not. I personally wouldn't recommend it because it could be even harvested from this website and become "SPAM central".

See my notes above.