Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How Do I Get More Ads?

The ads can get very annoying. And yes that one in the center does appear and disappear. And ive got three screens full of ads at the moment. It makes me sick. But hey its all in good fun and for the love of making money. Doesnt that make it right?

PeacE
    -BoB
    #!/usr/local/bin/perl -s-- -export-a-crypto-system-sig -RSA-in-3-lines-PERL
    ($k,$n)=@ARGV;$m=unpack(H.$w,$m.\"\\0\"x$w),$_=`echo \"16do$w 2+4Oi0$d*-^1[d2%
    Sa2/d0<X+d*La1=z\\U$n%0]SX$k\"[$m*]\\EszlXx++p|dc`,s/^.|\\W//g,print pack(\'H*\'
    ,$_)while read(STDIN,$m,($w=2*$d-1+length($n||die\"$0 [-d] k n\\n\")&~1)/2)

I like ads. That's where I get my pr0n.

Originally posted here by Jehnny
    There's a big difference, though, in this site and Internet.com ads... If you go to Internet.com, you don't have to scroll at all to see the actual content. Believe me, go there. It's ads, ads, ads, but right in the middle of the page right under "today on internet.com" is their actual stories that you go to the site to see. With AO, though, you have to seriously hit the scroll button on the mouse twice to even begin to see what you came here for. Also, I think it's funny that jupiter media owns both AO and internet.com, hehe.
    I agree. It is a little too "in your face" where it is right now.

Maybe if they were to do something like they did at the top of http://enterpriseitplanet.com/

The ad is there, but not too much "in your face". (I'm talking about the skinny banner add, not the google add that we currently have at the bottom of each page.)
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Originally posted here by phishphreek80
    I agree. It is a little too "in your face" where it is right now.

Maybe if they were to do something like they did at the top of http://enterpriseitplanet.com/

The ad is there, but not too much "in your face". (I'm talking about the skinny banner add, not the google add that we currently have at the bottom of each page.)
    Lol, as much as everyone here tells all the newbies to search google there damn well BETTER be a link to google somewhere on here. I dont give a **** about ads. They are trying to make money without paying people to make stories for them to write about.

Hmm, yea, JupM is so horrible. I mean damn, all they do is what we ask. Someone asked for a place to post code on antionline, a new forum completly, what did they do? Have it ready in like 30 ****in minutes.

People were pissed about AP abuse, what did they do? Took a vote, and now names are displayed.

JP brings up how stupid the site looks now with the blue and so on....Who designed it? Wasnt them, it was us. They could'v made a no logo by themselves, but instead they let US try it out, and then WE ALL voted on which one was the best. And even though they didnt have too, they offered a cash prize.

All the people bitching about how they do nothing but make money off us, but the new features forum of AO has had more activity than it ever did before. talk about being an ungrateful ****.

And JP, how long you gunna wait untill your next post on the front page dissin the people you sold this website too? Im just curiouse because these all get more positive points than a tutorial on binary would. Damned JPeons.

*Somewhere in Florida*

JP: Damn Im bored, I wonder whats going on at the website that made me rich.

JP: Oh dear Me! That ad is huge! They must be making more money than me off this site!

Brad: Whered you leave the cuffs and lube at honey?

JP: Shut up bitch Im busy!

JP: Log in, start new thread, bitch and moan about the site that got away, make everyone that kisses ass love me and hate the new owners...Ahh, all done!

man, I was going to post about JP always blasting the people that he sold the site to, but I was a bit nervous about getting a massive amount of negs for it. I'm glad some seniors stood up and said what needed to be said.

as far as having to scroll down to see content, what in the world are you talking about? What is this about some ad in the middle of the page, or some ad taking up the whole page?! I seriously have never seen that. I use Opera 7.22 and I have pop-ups disabled through it. Could it be that you all are seeing pop-up ads? If so, why not just get a different browser or something like the google toolbar and be done with seeing those nutty ads?

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a while, light him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Its very simple , if you are so ****ing stupid that you can't figure out how to use an adblocker or you enjoy watching crap , you get crap. Other than that who gives a ****. Its a corporate world out there filled with continous garbage.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

Banned
    Originally posted here by gore

the new features forum of AO has had more activity than it ever did before. talk about being an ungrateful ****.
    Let's see, before Jupiter Media there were 52 threads made by me in the new features forum. Since Jupiter Media took over there were 9 created by them, including things like "we're adding security products to the main page", in other words, an announcement about more advertising. How is that more activity than ever before?

Of course, the "Oops A Bug" forum has several hundred new and unanswered posts from members since Jupiter took over. Is that what you were thinking of maybe?

Originally posted here by gore

Brad: Whered you leave the cuffs and lube at honey?
    JP: Shut up bitch Im busy!
    This is what I call being a homophobic bigot What on earth does sex have to do with my point about the ads taking away from the content of the site?

None of your points were valid, and the rest of your remarks were just bigoted ratings. You should be proud of yourself.....

I do drop in from time to time to speak out about various issues, such as when Jupter Media started implanting ads into the middle of users posts. Believe it or not, I get e-mails on a daily basis still from members of this site. When they tell me about something going on that seems off the wall to me, I drop in and make a post about it. Many of the users that write me are afraid of retribution from the new owners, or from asinine members such as yourself

Jp,

Do yourself a favor and shut the f**k up! Some of us don't want to hear your sh*t anymore. You drop in with all your heavy sarcasm and act like you’re helping someone out. You don't own this site anymore; I thought you would have realized this by now.

Jupm,

Why do you let this guy even post sh*t here like this anymore, he has come here to create dissention and promote his new website. That's f**king homo dude, you sold the site, now get lost!

Am I the only person who is tired of this schmuck and his antics?? That's f**king queer dude, don't you have better things to do like spend all the money you made off this site. Your turn is up, it's jump's turn to profit from the site.

Houston we have pinched a nerve ........Lube ...lol
    That avatar is scaring me it reminds me of the movie Shawshank Redemption

Ninja Code Monkey
    Did someone say we needed a google ad?
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X