Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: How Do I Get More Ads?

Lol, as much as everyone here tells all the newbies to search google there damn well BETTER be a link to google somewhere on here. I dont give a **** about ads. They are trying to make money without paying people to make stories for them to write about.
    Did someone say we needed a google ad?
    No, not that one. I'm talking about the other ones...

But it is a good idea to keep as many google banners around as we can.

Code:
    <center>
    <script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript">
    <!--
             google_ad_client = 'internet_728x90';
             google_ad_width = 728;
             google_ad_height = 90;
             google_ad_format = '728x90_sln';
             google_safe = 'high';
    // -->
    </script>
    <script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript" src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js"></script>
    <noscript>

</noscript></center>
    EDIT: Sorry about my post making this page all out of whack...
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Originally posted here by JP
    Let's see, before Jupiter Media there were 52 threads made by me in the new features forum. Since Jupiter Media took over there were 9 created by them, including things like "we're adding security products to the main page", in other words, an announcement about more advertising. How is that more activity than ever before?

Well, I came here in October of 2000, there were 2 new features untill they took over, now theres been a few more. And you also founded this site so of course you made more over an extended peiod of time.

Of course, the Oops It's A Bug forum has several hundred unanswered posts from members. Is that what you were thinking of maybe?
    That damn Pumpkin smilie still doesnt work. And I pointed that out maybe a month after coming here. The site runs fine for me, maybe it's a user error?

This is what I call being a homophobic bigot =D
    Im not homophobic your just hetero phobic...God I hope someone gets that joke. I dont give a **** your gay, what you do with YOUR ass in YOUR home is non of my business. And I dont care your gay, I dont hate gays or nothing like that. But what the hell do you care? You bash straights.

What on earth does sex have to do with my point about the ads taking away from the content of the site?
    According to you, when you leave site design up to straight people it all goes to ****. You did say that what? A month ago?

None of your points were valid, and the rest of your remarks were just bigoted ratings.
    Lol, I didnt bring up one remark? Thats funny, I made a hole paragraph about you and brad because I thought it was funny as hell, you reply like that was all I said. Dumb ass.

I do drop in from time to time to speak out about various issues, such as when Jupter Media started implanting ads into the middle of users posts.
    Like I said in my post, to start a thread blaming the world's problems on JupM, and then all the JPeons pump it full of greenies...And you have a gold dot, why exactly would you give a member points when they dont count anyway? ****, all the threads youv started here bashing JupM, I woulda took that gold dot away like after the first 2 posts you made bitching about them. Heh, it would be a cold day in hell when I gave someone immunity from being banned after they started like 10 threads saying how much they dont like me.

Believe it or not, I get e-mails on a daily basis still from members of this site.
    Believe it or not, I dont give a ****.

When they tell me about something going on that seems off the wall to me, I drop in and make a post about it.
    Awww, still watching out for the wee ones huh?

Many of the users that write me are afraid of retribution from the new owners
    That's funny, they seem to have no problem banning them when they first got here. And I have yet too see them even threaten anyone. And we still get posts bitching about things, no ones ever been banned for it, or yelled at.

or from asinine members such as yourself

Wait, your going to call me post nothing but gay hating bullshit, and then go to name calling? why dont you respond to the other thread by Mohaugn? He brought up alot of good **** too.

Originally posted here by mohaughn
    I'd have to say in general that the level of discussion has increased dramatically since jupiter took over. Gone are the days of totally useless posts filling up forums as we now have moderators that delete posts instead of just letting them go suicidal and sit around for no reason.

Another good thing being that most of the problems with the antipoint system were corrected. Gone are the days of being flooded with negative points because you made some kid mad and he decided to get his friends to dump a bunch of crap on ya.

It's not really that hard to scroll down the screen to get to the content. Perhaps someone is mad that they can't get another website up and running with any kind of user base? If I were jupiter media I would remove all references to JP from the site as he is obviously just coming back around to try and start crap to get people mad at jupiter media.

Perhaps if JP had been more involved in the community here over the last four months instead of having 3 or 4 posts that really have done nothing except for complain about the people that HE CHOSE to sell AO to, I would be more likely to take his comments as something other than an angry rant.

This one JP ^ I made it easy for you to find with that big banner ad in the way. You didn't respond to any of this, and this whole post is true.

I agree with Paulie....shut up

Quit your sarcastic, incessant complaining.

I think you are mad at yourself for losing your right's to this webspace, hell I'd be mad too if I made such a stupid decision like that.

Who would come back to a site they hate?
    Its almost worst than the Quick tip of the day by the callender
    "Dont start a thread to bitch about antipoints, you will only get negged"

Someone has to create another tip reffering to this thread

Ninja Code Monkey
    When it comes to bitching and whining I believe gore is calling the kettle black. There was a recent thread about a tutorial I remember where i read that everyone hated him and so on after criticism of his work was posted.....to the point where all posts but his own had to be moved to another thread and the tutorial locked down.

If the homosexual thing bothers you so little then why do you bring it up so often? It seems that something that is so inconsequential wouldn't be worth bringing up multiple times in the same thread.

This is an open forum and everyone has a voice and an opinion....if JP wants to give his then so be it. You have an ignore this user button....ffs use it.
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

With all due respect,

Don't you think "Jp" should show some respect to the folks that actually own this site? This guy comes in here talking down the site. What kind of respect does that show towards Jupitermedia?

I would sue this bastard if he came to a site that I bought off him and started posting remarks as he has here. I have a feeling I might win, unless there was some strange clause stating that this guy could just come waltzing into my site whenever he wanted to and hurt my newly acquired business venture with his childish, annoying, jealousy riddled statements.

Someone needs to put "Jp" in his place, because he's acting like a jealous tw*t right now with this charade of his!

Jupm has done pretty much everything the community has asked of them, why bash them like this??

Get an add blocker, it's not that hard!

`pw

Originally posted here by Juridian
    When it comes to bitching and whining I believe gore is calling the kettle black. There was a recent thread about a tutorial I remember where i read that everyone hated him and so on after criticism of his work was posted.....to the point where all posts but his own had to be moved to another thread and the tutorial locked down.
    Meh, I posted links to the book I used to check everything in that tutorial. It got moved because people were just saying "this sucks" without any reason, or showing what they thought sucked.

You were one fo the few that posted a link to the part on Active X and COM, the one thing wrong with it. I didnt whine, I just bitched about people posting "This sucks" without proving a thing.

Banned
    Dude WTF. Yeah JP doesn't have to drop by every now and agian just to complain about Jupe but lets be mother ****ing honest for a moment here... I mean **** dude look around you... other member have/still are doing the same god damned thing JP just did only not as much or as public. Other peaple have gone as far as opening entire channels in IRC to bitch and complain not just about the site but about random things (like what your doing now)... maybe you all should ****ing join 'eh? But no instead all of you guys come by to drag it on for so long that you forget what you were truely argueing & fighting about so you change the subject to what kinda of sex peaple on AO have? Gezz what in the ****ing hell man...

Agreed Jup has done a good jop of makeing it more security oriented and keeping the lame asses out but as far as keeping the place in shape I personally think they are lacking a bit. Oh boo hoo things need improveing. But you know what can really kill a board though? Hummm let me see uhh perhaps its uhhh THREADS LIKE THIS. Jesus ****ing christ and you really know whats sad about all of this? I was voted #1 smartass around here & (not even I want to get into this lame arguement).

Damn dude thats just motha ****in' sad.

Well this thread is now off topic.. as for Jp's thread "how to get more ads". What you have to do is resell your new website. That way you will get more ads.