Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Do I Get More Ads?

Banned

How Do I Get More Ads?

Greetings All:

Well, I don't know about you, but this "discussion board" thing that they have on AntiOnline is really getting in the way of me being able to enjoy the ads. I mean, that's why I visit AntiOnline, to enjoy the advertising, and if I occasionally have to scroll past some content, it makes surfing the ads very inconvenient.

Maybe someone could set something up in the site options section like maybe "Turn Off Content"? I think it would really help being able to surf the ads more efficiently, without having all of the other stupid stuff get in the way.

Also, I can still see a little bit of content "above the fold" on the main page. Is my browser messed up or is this a problem with the page layout? I mean, the last thing that I want to see when I visit AntiOnline is some actual content! Maybe if you put another 3 or 4 ads ABOVE the logo, it would take care of this problem?

Please do something quickly to remedy the situation, having actual discussions and articles is seriously hindering my ability to enjoy the advertising that this site has become known for!

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    I just use proxymotion and redirect all content from antionline.com to load from 127.0.0.1. That way I get content-free add browsing.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

It's a gas!
    Well if someone hadn't have sold the site, then maybe the ads wouldnt be so plentiful !

Originally posted here by r3b00+
    Well if someone hadn't have sold the site, then maybe the ads wouldnt be so plentiful !

r3b00t you just scared me, you sounded just like my ex-gf, well not actually sounded is just that she used to say simillar stuff. But i can also say that

Well if someone that wasn't intrested in getting money from selling online advertisment had bought the site maybe we didn't have any.

But letme get back to reality. Now everything is about MONEY.

But then you can always use an pop up or ad blocker

Banned
    Greetings:

Originally posted here by r3b00+
    You know what, you're right. I used to have WAY WAY WAY too much content on the site when I ran it. I only had small ads at the top, and users that contributed to the site a lot even had those up and vanish on them.

It's amazing to me, looking back, that anyone used to visit the site at all. I, for one, would never have visited a site that had ads displayed in such an unobtrusive manner!

But, I'm glad to see that Jupiter Media has put some real visionaries and talent behind the site now. Animated banners, flash banners, embedded links for security products. I never could have come up with such genius on my own! And look at how pretty they all are!

I'm going to do my small part to help, and use the features available with this site to add banners to my signature as well! Maybe those of you that are as disturbed about all of the content on this site as I am, will do the same to help Jupiter Media reach their vision of the finest portal for advertising available on the Internet today!

As long "they" don't start sending PM's or emails to fill out surveys and that kind of stuff, i think it's alright. But the only 2 things we can do is just sit an wait for new changes if there are going to be, or just not comming here anymore.

i Think that this site has some subliminary ( i don't know how do you spell it and im to lazy to check ) because it's adictive. And always the voices in my tell me to come back.

LOL

I'm a simple man, I'd just like a few more javascript errors, because I can still navigate the site with a 40% sucess rate. Once the site becomes completely laden with ads and totally un-useable I'll be satisfied.

-Maestr0
    \"If computers are to become smart enough to design their own successors, initiating a process that will lead to God-like omniscience after a number of ever swifter passages from one generation of computers to the next, someone is going to have to write the software that gets the process going, and humans have given absolutely no evidence of being able to write such software.\" -Jaron Lanier

Webius Designerous Indiginous

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    I don't think just being sarcastic is going to have the desired effect.

If we want to do something about it I suggest we all 'go on strike' by not posting for a few days.

How about no-one posts for 72 hours and keeps this thread bumped up to the top....

Okay - I'm back in 72 hours folks - no posts but I'll answer PMs

Steve
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

Banned
    Originally posted here by GrApHiCTrOn
    But the only 2 things we can do is just sit an wait for new changes if there are going to be
    Yes its kinda like the bug reports that have been pileing up sky high for nearly a year now We've sat and waited so long. !!!And now look what the hell happend!!! Isn't this great?

Awwww pooie.
    **** it man. If I actually get "that" bored I may actually go hangout with the gang at unerror more often or even worse... YICS... ummm or hell 50 times more worse solitar, chess, & checkers anyone? No wait a minute... I almost forgot that nearly anything becomes fun with illegal substances.

LOL Watch in a few minutes someone from jup will probably show up with one of the same old speaches... ("Hi im with JupM please forgive my computer illiterate ass") or one of my favorites and the most commonly used: ("Don't worry kids everything will be fine. You just wait and see").