Thread: Chat?

Chat?

Hey, I had a quick question. See I have this website right, and what i want to do is put a chat service on ther so that peeps can tlak to each other, ok? But since I don't have the knownlege yet to write my own chat service, i was wonderin where i might go to just download one. I've been to dowload.com, but it hasnt helped much yet. If anyone can tell me where, or has a godo chat service I could use, that would be great. Thx a bunch!

p.s. I know i posted this in the web thing, but there wasn't much action there and I was hopign to get a little more help here. So sorry.
    Once to every man and nation, Comes the moment to decide, In the strife of Truth with Falsehood, For the good or evil side. Then it is the brave man chooses
    While the coward stands aside. James Russell Lowell

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Gotta have a little patience. People will respond in time.

Plus a little more details as to what kind of website you have and what kind of chat you want. ASP Based? Java based? PHP based? Can you install things on your website (do you run the server or is it hosted by someone else)? Size limitations (some sites limit you to so much space)? Etc. Do you want to use existing IRC servers, have your own or not even be connected to any IRC server?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I've deleted your other post as it might annoy some members and moved this post back to Web Development.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

sorry,
    Probably Java based, it is hosted by someone else, and actually this is just a screw around site, it's free. But I don't think we have a limit on size. And yes we can install things. (I think) This is one gay site, and the only reason I'm using it, is because my friend wanted to go w/this one cause he knew it better. I want to use a straight up html site, and he likes this one cause it's all page builder. Drives me nuts. But if you can help, tha twould be great. Thx!
    Once to every man and nation, Comes the moment to decide, In the strife of Truth with Falsehood, For the good or evil side. Then it is the brave man chooses
    While the coward stands aside. James Russell Lowell

Might want to visit a place like www.everywherechat.com . IIRC they have a free Java option to use and create a room on their server. You just cut and paste the code into a page (I've used them before for this kind of thing). Other things you might want to do is use Google and type in " java+chat+script+irc". That should get you quite a selection of java scripts and such to use, often they are free to use as long as you mentioned/credit who created the code.

So you want chat.

Chat huh!

If you want a great chat page just go to www.cjb.net. Here create yourself an acct. You'll be given a link to your chat page. Link it in your web page.

And you have yourself a chat page and a great one too.
    There are 10 kinds people on Earth.
    Those who know Binary and those who dont.

[flip]4675636B207468652064616D6E20626C6F6F6479206861636B65642D757020776F726C6400[/flip]