Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: *Fixed* Addicts Forum

Subscribe to thread/forum no longer works for users without permission

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.

As of this exact moment:

Oh, the hilarity. Although I don't think my absence due to this is any different from my sabbaticals.

Oddly, when the link does NOT reference the www prefix, I can access it just fine.

The first link is the one used under 'earned site benefits' on the main page.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

Terr - Sorry to completely steal your spotlight right now man, but w00t! I'm good!

Yes, this means that I did gain access to the AntiOnline Addicts page. And yes, I do have proof of this. No posting, though.

I had to muck around to find a long enough post to prove that I didn't get this from the preview text thing. So, here is my proof:

AO Addicts - Checkout the thread - Final Request.. posted 11-20-2003 08:02 PM by creative_32X_mx
    Ok it's like this..<snip>Or do i just stop<snip> for the final time.<snip>
    Later on, creative_32X_mx goes on to post:
    Ok i'm<snip>last month,<snip>So i've decided that<snip>are looking good<snip>So until then. .
    creative
    I <snipped> stuff so members who haven't made it to Addict status won't get an insight to the Addict's fourm through me, lol. Plus that was the longest thread I could find in a few hurried minutes.

I'll PM mnstrgrl about this. I wonder who will find these things when I finally get to view that fourm?

I've fixed Tim_axe's access method.

Terr - are you still seeing that error message? It sounds cookie-related to me. That's the only reason I can think of that the code would behave differently without the "www". But then, we only set "antionline.com" cookies, no "www.antionline.com" cookies... although I think the site has used www for some cookies in the past. You might try logging out, removing the site cookies and logging back in. Let me know if that fixes this.

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.

I haven't logged out and back in, but it works now, oddly enough.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

A Test

Please ignore this post, as it is a test. This test attempts to close the thread. Smilies are used for control purposes, and if they show then most likely this test won't work. Also, a rating of 1 may be applied. Yes, I know it does not deal with a post in the Addicts Forum, but since I could not find another way in, I decided to try this... If it succeeds then mnstrgrl will be PMed... Otherwise, please ignore this post.

Edit:
    Test failed. Security seems good. And I even forgot to include the smiles for control purposes... Although I see that it shows Disable Smilies...

I haven't managed to find any other ways into addicts, despite Office's (Ratman's) claims... Hopefully however he managed it will be fixed :confused: