Thread: Open in new browser for Flash Ads

Open in new browser for Flash Ads

Can we make the flash ads open in a new window instead of using the same window or is that detirmined in the Flash animation? I was browsing AO and saw one of those ads that sparked my attention and I clicked on it only to have it take me away from AO.

Edit: It seems like this is on a case by case basis. The Microsoft ones open in a new window, but the VMWare and some of the other do not.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Even better -> What about pop-ups instead of banners?
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

Well Mozilla blocks most of my pop-ups. Some of the ad's that show up I do want to see and it would be nice if we have to have huge ads to have them all have the same behavior.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

I agree, it would be better if all ads (not just the Flash ones, although I suppose they are the biggest culprits) opened in new windows. It's a pain to be taken away from AO when you're in the middle of reading something just because an ad caught your attention.

As for pop-ups, definitely a no-no. They annoy everyone who uses IE and you don't get any revenue from those who use Mozilla, so they're a bit pointless in my opinion.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

That's why pop-ups are better, mozilla and opera block them so they won't annoy you anymore
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com