Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Matrix Trilogy

Unhappy Matrix Trilogy

Firstly, i would like to say that the matrix trilogy has a very strong, and believable story line. With excellent graphic techniques and sound track (... in the first movie at least), and it STILL reminds me of TRON. cummon, who knows what im talkin about :P

Anyways, i just wanted to say how greatly the matrix revolutions was over blown. it is still a great movie, however, unlike which i was expecting and im sure most of the matrix fans were expecting it to be better than the first 2. the only reason i can see why it wasnt, was because of the context of the movie. you cant deviate from the story line too far (otherwise it would just get confusing) so all the action/love/ALL other scenes are the same (respectivly to other scenes in the other movies)

Anyways, i just wanted to get some comments, as i have heard good bad and all sorts about all 3 movies. so far, my thoughts are that the Matrix, is the best movie, then Matrix Reloaded followed last by Matrix Revolutions. so 1, 2, and 3.

-Cheers-

http://www.antionline.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=249524

Yeah, that's because they first make a good movie and when they notice it's making big cash they bring the next one in line very fast on the market so the newer movies are crap, noticed how fast Matrix Revolutions came after Matrix Reloaded? Not normal if you ask me, not enough decent story in it. Matrix 1 is by far the best.
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

GreekGoddess
    Honestly, I didn't care for Reloaded and I'm not going to waste the money to go and see Revolutions. The first one was the best thusfar, but I think they've ruined the rest of it.

I actually liked Reloaded at the time, because I thought it was going to lead to some ultimate mind job in the last one...Now in retrospect, I really wish they hadn't fil,ed reloaded and revolutions at the same time. It was very very clear that they had not fully fleshed out Revolutions and were merely trying to occupy time for the large part of the movie. Every single scene, including the good sequences in the middle (the defense of Zion/Noibi piloting the ship), went on too long, some impossibly long (the train station, Trinity/Neo in the machine city, hell even the fight with Smith)...That movie could have been edited down to under an hour...instead of the 2 hour 15 minute POS it is...

Revolutions was so horribly bad I actually asked for my money back from the theatre...*sigh*

/nebulus
    There is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action. Reaction. Cause and effect...There is no escape from it, we are forever slaves to it. Our only hope, our only peace is to understand it, to understand the 'why'. 'Why' is what separates us from them, you from me. 'Why' is the only real social power, without it you are powerless.

(Merovingian - Matrix Reloaded)

AO French Antique News Whore
    The Story was horrible! I left the theater with more quesions in my brain that answer and the movie was supposed to give me all the answer! How come the Architec said Zion was destroyed 6 times before and rebuild? Why can Neo stop machine in the "supposed" real world? How come did Smith (A program) could infect a human from the real world and control him?
    -Simon \"SDK\"

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Originally posted here by el-half
    Yeah, that's because they first make a good movie and when they notice it's making big cash they bring the next one in line very fast on the market so the newer movies are crap, noticed how fast Matrix Revolutions came after Matrix Reloaded? Not normal if you ask me, not enough decent story in it. Matrix 1 is by far the best.
    It was years after matrix before they did reloaded/revolutions. The last 2 were filmed at the same time. Thats why they came out so close together.

They claimed it was because there was so much in the story line that it had to take 2 movies, but that is where I agree with you. They could have cut out 1/2 the crap in those 2 movies and made it into 1 movie and not tried taking people for all there money.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

1, 3 ,2 .... for sure. .. but 1 wins hands down. I mean hands ****ing down. Revolution I thought was good, I mean all the action was cool. Reloaded was a dissapointment at times but still I really liked it. I'm really biases I guess cause after the first one I had decided that I love The Matrix.

souleman has a point though cause there was alot of *fluff* in both 2 & 3

Ahh i onlt seen the first Matrix and that was enough for me..
    I liked it i watch it on occasions and that's about it.
    I'm not that much of a Matrix Fan and i'm not gonna go and see the others two episodes as it's a well known fact that after the First Episode the others will be nothing compared to the first one..

Anyhow that's my rant

cheers

creative

Banned
    I've already read the spoiler. Sorry if I rememered the URL I'd post it in a hidden post but to be honest as soon as I read/seen I knew it was a major stink anyways. WTF was with the bald guy in the pipes? That was a major pilot flaw I mean in the first movie the robots could rip through entire ships yet couldn't manage cutting his ass in half with the lazers through a freaking pipe? WTF lol...

Sorry if I've given something away... im sure I did cause there isn't much to the movie to begin with. When you see the comercial you've basicly watched the whole movie...

I don't remember a bald guy in the pipes??

The only part I liked was the defense of zion. I thought that was pretty cool, and also when neo was fending off the bots that were launched at him.
    =