WWWBoards

Thread: WWWBoards

Question WWWBoards

I have recently been reading a lot about "accessing" WWWBoards, and there is only one thing that I dont understand, and that is, since i am currently using windows XP, is there any other tool i can use for decrypting the password? Thanks in advance.

T3h Ch3F

Re: WWWBoards

Originally posted here by Haxinme990
    I have recently been reading a lot about "accessing" WWWBoards, and there is only one thing that I dont understand, and that is, since i am currently using windows XP, is there any other tool i can use for decrypting the password? Thanks in advance.

www.fbi.gov they will send a few guys over to help you. Then Elvis will play a private concert in your kitchen as long as you don't run out of P-Nutbutter and Bannanas.

GreekGoddess
    From the sound of your post, I'm getting the feeling that you're not looking to access your own site.

So before you receive any other criticisms, because no one here is going to teach you how to crack a password for a forum, try reading the Site FAQ:

http://www.antionline.com/misc.php?action=faq

It probably would have also been helpful for you to read the front page before signing up to get a feel for what this community is and what it is not:

From the front page
    What AntiOnline is NOT:
    AO is not a place where the community's knowledge is used or passed on to others in order to carry out illegal or immoral acts.
    AO is not a place where you should be asking how to exploit/damage/attack any system that you do not own nor have the explicit permission of the legal owner.
    If you request information in a way that implies your intent is illegal or immoral you will receive a rapid response from the community that may ban you from continued participation.

I appreciate your civilized response Greek. No it was not my page, but just fyi, i was doing it for completely and totally moral reasons. Despite what my post may have implied, i am a person with morals and distaste for illegal actions. I will take what that says into heart and think before i post from now on.

Developer Extraordinar
    I appreciate your civilized response Greek. No it was not my page, but just fyi, i was doing it for completely and totally moral reasons. Despite what my post may have implied, i am a person with morals and distaste for illegal actions. I will take what that says into heart and think before i post from now on.
    Let me count the number of times I've heard something like that...1...2..3..4..100..350... damn I can't count any higher. :-( What you are doing is illigal, even if you think it is moral.

MB
    Come to UnError.com

Seems everyone has already pointed out the illegal aspects of the question, so now I will provide some technical backing of why its also a waste of time.

Most web boards as you mention are variants of vBulletin, phpBB, Invision Power Board, or some other php/mysql system. Just about all of them I have seen use md5 to encrypt the plain text password for safe storage. While I'm not an expert on how md5 works, I do know its a one way system, so there is no real way to reverse the process. Have a look at these examples
    Code:
    asdf = 912ec803b2ce49e4a541068d495ab570
    veryveryverylongpassword = 716a8fab09c5efce54e1b1a4c88c2980
    Notice the hash doesnt get any longer for a longer password? That means even if you were to get far enough to access the md5 sum for a users password, your in the dark as to how long that password is. Secondly since md5 is one-way, you would have to generate every single possible md5 sum. If you want to do something about someones illegal activities, email their ISP (with proof attached ofcourse) and if that doesnt work, try some law enforcement agency, its much better than getting arrested for breaking into their site/board just to show your disapproval.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Banned
    Originally posted here by Haxinme990
    lol.. and I like Marilyn Manson.. Hah.

Really, though, if you had some super-great moral reasons, throw 'em at us and perhaps someone will help... no, nevermind. We won't... sorry.

Banned
    I will take what that says into heart and think before i post from now on.
    Give the man a second chance and stop bringing him down, dammit.