Thread: Politics Forum

Politics Forum

I have noticed that the forum entitled Cosmos is dominated essentially by US opinion and politics. This is unfair for non-US citizens who want to debate issues that are non political. I would find it hard to post in there without having a label attached by these people.

A politics forum would be nice for these people as they are interested in politics obviously, plus I would argue for my own politics in there as I feel I couldnt in Cosmos due to their status and antipoints.

hmmm... maybe why political discussions have been dominating the forum is because of a certain user clintonsucks said a lot of unfair things. A politics forum would be great, but it still can fit under General Chat or Cosmos in my opinion.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Banned
    I kind of agree that maybe Cosmos has become a little too politicised. I dont really post in Cosmos anymore for this reason, so maybe its a good idea or maybe some kind of compromise could be introduced Im not sure.

In the cosmos forum though, there is suppose to be a "truce" for antipoints. Since people are expressing there opions, you should not be negged. I find that this has been followed pretty good in that forum. If you were negged I would give you AP's to counter the neg as I believe that AP's should not be assigned in that forum.

yes cosmos might be dominated by U.S people, but consier it a way to practice your debateing .lol
    =

Mmm, that could be a good idea, however you should remember that this is still a security community so there shouldn't be too much non-computer related forums I think...
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

Banned
    Actually thats a good point el-half, perhaps a Politics forum would be going too far in terms of expanding AntiOnline forums, we do after all have so many!

Cosmos does seem to have become more and more US-dominated and pro-war/america. It's to be expected to a large degree because a lot of people on AO are from the states, but it does get annoying for us Brits sometimes.

As for a politics forum, it does seem to be taking AO a bit off-track, it really is supposed to be a security-related site (general chat is okay because that's on most forums, but I think Cosmos is about as far as we should go down the APs route).
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.