Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Router

Router

What Is the best router i can get ?
    i dont know much about routers and that stuff, so..any help i will be greatfulll for

Regards..

Well, I use the D-Link DSL-504 on my network, it comes with a broadband (ADSL) modem and four ethernet ports, plus it acts as a DHCP server and has a built-in firewall.

It really depends on what you want your router to do and how much you are willing to spend on it.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

I use the Linksys BEfSr41 (I think) and it comes with 4 ethernet ports, DHCP server and has a built-in firewall. (no modem though) I bought it for around $65 and I have not had any complaints. Just make sure you upgrade the firmware after you buy it and check the manafacturers website every so often for updates.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Pricing?

I use to use the Linksy BEFSR 41, but I wanted more of a firewall instead of just using NAT, so I upgraded to the linksys BEFSX 41 which has NAT, SPI, and DOS prevention. I belive that this cost me $70. The BEFSR 41 I imagin is around $50. For a good home router you could spend anywhere from $40-$300.
    =

wow..nice....ill check that out...thnx

Had it mixed up. I have the same one as cheyenne1212. Just looked at it.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

thnx..i picked it up..it works great

Don't forget to check for firmware updates. If you have any problems with it just let me know, and I'll try to help you.
    =

how do i do that?