Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Needed!

Banned

Exclamation Help Needed!

Hey all,

Ok well an ickle story me and a friend in college are attempting to do some work for the Philosophy Society. Basically our mission is to set up a website that impresses the other guys so that we can maybe get on the committee and get some work done as the society is slacking.

My mate is going to set the actual website site, I'm doing the content and design. Thing is I suck at design so I told him I'd ask a few heads here at AntiOnline in the hope that they could help me out.

I need a banner same size as AntiOnline saying PhilSoc and a Flash Intro for the effect.

Wont get into details as am not sure if this is asking way too much of you guys but thought I'd throw it out there to see what happens. Already got a banner done for the Feck.tk forums you can see in my sig by GreekGoddess so I know you guys can design!

Anyway,
    thx for reading.

Ennis,

some cool tools to help you out
    http://www.dreamweaver.com great web development tool, or frontpage (personally i think frontpage sucks though)
    http://www.swishzone.com (greatprogram the makes creating flash stuff easier and really cool effect)
    hope some of that stuff helps
    speak your mind becuase those who matter don\'t mind and those who mind don\'t matter

Ennis >> if i see you anywhere near swish I'll kick your ass boi!! am sorry but it suck0rs - any flash developer who knows anything can spot a swish effect a mile off - as can most webusers now a days - yes it make things easier to do but that just means that everyone and their dogs sites ahve same effects.......

when you see a flash intro what do you need?? splash pages are dying out tho - most people just click past when they see a flash intro (cept me ) but i can prolly help if you still feel you def need one

v_Ln

Banned
    Well its more of a way of impressing the guy who currently runs the society, he is computer illeterate so if he see's a flash intro he will know we are serious about what we are trying to achieve.

I don't know what I'm going to do at the moment.

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    Why not just make the banner itself from flash, and just embedd that into the site. I prefer doing something like that much more than an intro page, which as v_ln said, are dieing out.

Go ahead and PM me some specifics and I'll see what I can do.

Banned
    Thats probably a better idea, well all I need is to have a banner saying PhilSoc say the same size as the antionline banner, at the time colour etc dosent matter as the main site hasent been put up yet so whatever way the banner looks we can follow.

In order words all I ask is for a banner with the words PhilSoc and you guys can have a free reign.

How is this banner?
    It is actually 2 banner pic with image transitions for the effects, but there is still 2 that can be used for light or dark web sites. Well, enjoy.

not bad i'd say Cope57, but....an animated gif is a rather large file, and as it's only the banner....can create the same effects in flash, and then the file would be a lot smaller and load a lot faster

A Banner for You

Here's a banner I drew up this morning...

If you like that style (formatted more for a black background, but that can be changed at will) let me know. I may be able to run up a few ideas for you. I can also do animations, but I'm still rather young to Flash. I've had it for ages and never worked with it.

But if you like that style for a banner let me know. I can make modifications fairly easily.

-Zen
    \"We change by the speed of the choices that we make.\"

Banned
    Thats a nice banner FallenZen, will have to show it to the others before I decide anything cheers!