Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lets talk again about evidence eliminator again

lets talk again about evidence eliminator again

hello

here i am again talking about this software in a thread that will be very negative soon hehe.

okay, i want to use it! it did a great job, removed many mru lists, removed lots of files, changed dates, did lots of things when i wanted to!

many people talk bad about it, i would like to understand, because i don't understand, it does what i said, right? but it doesn't do what they say in the website... it just removed the files, right?

my question is simple, can i use it? because one day i tried it and after register (illegal) in the next day it was unregistered, does it work? or is it always like this?

thanks

bye
    thing

i'm afraid i dont understand. your post got a little vague and confusing near the end.

my question is simple, can i use it? because one day i tried it and after register (illegal) in the next day it was unregistered, does it work? or is it always like this
    try posting again, but slow down this time. no one is going to be able to help you if they dont understand what is going on...

slick
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

So basically you tried cracking the program and it didn't work the next day. There are plenty of free programs for wiping your harddrive. Do a google search.
    Sysmin Sys73m47ic
    -The Hacker Pimps
    -Development Team {FuxorWRT}
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=563

i dont know if we are talking about same thing but i got evidence eliminator on disk with pc monthly magazine.So i wouldnt say it is anything illegal with it.
    I am newbie here i tried to learn as much as possible even tho i am not teenager and i am not into any ilegal activities.
    read here about .dat files and wanted to see how to get rid of them and evidence eliminator was deleting them. So i was happy with that.didnt have to register it and tried it on .dat files 2-3 time and unninstaled it from system.
    dont need it as i said nothing to hide.
    Welcome back under different name i suppose

http://evidence-eliminator-sucks.com/

You should check out sites like this... Personally I have had some problems with the tool. It didnt work well for me and I had bought a copy. It ended up messing up a drive too.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

"Evidence Eliminator".....the very name implies that you are up to no good?

The concept of cleaning out temporary files, MRU listings and such is a good one IMHO. A lot of bad stuff can hide in temporary files, and spyware wants to track your "habits"

As already noted, there are plenty of free products that will provide you with a secure cleaning function.

But please be careful, as some of them cause IE6 to crash.

Cheers

As far as cleaning out your MRU listings... tweak the registry. You are paying for a service that you can do youself.

As for everything else it does... you can also do yourself.

Get X-Teq X-Setup. You'll thank me later.
    Get PGP and use wipe to erase sensitive files and encrypt anything that you don't want people to access.
    You can write a script to clean out your temp files... and you might learn something in the process.
    You can find other programs (as mentioned above) to do the same thing... but for FREE!

What exactly are you trying to get rid of?
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    The Recent Docs menu can be easily disabled by editing the Registry. To do this go to the following Key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Now in the right pane, create a new DWORD value by the name: NoRecentDocsMenu and set it's value to 1. Restart Explorer to save the changes.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

hello

but evidence eliminator did a lot more! for example, changed the dates of files... and it clears mru lists of many applications, i know other softwares do it better, for example mru-blaster, but evidence eliminator clears many things just in one click...

what i wanted to say is: i want to use evidence eliminator, but i don't understand what http://evidence-eliminator-sucks.com/ says. i know that evidence eliminator wont remove my information when i am connected as they say in their website, but it does clear my harddrive. i wanted to know if i register evidence eliminator will it work okay? because i tried it with an ilegal registration and in the next they it was back to normal. who tells me that if i pay for it, in the next day it will be still registered. i need to know if i can trust this software...

thanks
    thing

Hi,

My major reservation about "evidence eliminator" and similar products is that they are quite obviously designed to prey upon the fears of those who surf prOn sites? I suspect that more effort goes into marketing than into product development and stability.

From a security and housekeeping viewpoint, I would be more inclined to purchase McAfee's "quickclean". I have run this on two machines for some time without problems.

You might like to look at:

http://www.DRK.com.ar "No Cache" v1.54 This will clean stuff out at shutdown, which helps to avoid problems with IE crashing because it detects what it thinks are corrupt cache files.

http://www.geocities.com/Internet_Sweeper There is a commercial version and a free version that has a "nag" screen.

Two other "free" products are "Xen" and iISystem Wiper, sorry I don't have working links for them.

You have also mentioned "MRU Blaster" which works very well for me. This is at:

http://www.wilderssecurity.com

I can see the attraction of an apparent "one click" tool, but the more complex they are, the more likely they are to cause problems IMHO. I would recommend adjusting your windows settings and testing the individual tools in your environment (so do it one at a time )

When you have selected a stable package you can write a little batch proggy to launch them automatically?

but evidence eliminator did a lot more! for example, changed the dates of files
    I am not sure that I like that. Changing file dates could be indicative of viral activity.....you could be confusing the issue if you have a program that does it automatically?

Good Luck