Thread: Steel Belted Radius Server

Steel Belted Radius Server

Alright, I'm having a problem with radius and wireless clients, here's the lowdown...

I have an Orinoco/Proxim AP-2000 with Firmware v2.1.2(554) and Bootloader v2.0.10.

Client is a Dell Latitude D800 running Windows 2000 Professional with a TrueMobile 1400 Mini-PCI 802.11a/b card and using the Odyssey RADIUS Client from Funk Software . The RADIUS server is a network appliance from Network Engines , and that's running the Steel Belted Radius Server on Windows 2000 Professional.

The problem is whenever the client tries to request authentication, it causes the Access Points to reboot. I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever had that problem or something similar.

Not much found on google, and Funk Software says they've never heard of that problem happening and to call the AP vendor, so I do that and the retard who I talked with told me that the config files are corrupt. Now I would believe him if it was happening to just one, but it's not, try more like 100+ access points. So I find it hard to believe that every AP's config files are corrupt.

Any insight, or help would be appreciated. I've been banging my head against the wall for a week now. I think my forehead is flat now
    t.e.k.n.o.

AO's Mr Grumpy

Re: Steel Belted Radius Server

Originally posted here by tekno

The problem is whenever the client tries to request authentication, it causes the Access Points to reboot. I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever had that problem or something similar.

Any insight, or help would be appreciated. I've been banging my head against the wall for a week now. I think my forehead is flat now
    Don't know if you have got to this yet, but I suppose it's worth a try. Some of the forum links may offer some help , or at least give you links to users with similar problems

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...reless+clients

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Have you removed the TrueMobile card from the picture? In other words, do all clients cause the reboot? I have had a run of bad luck with Dell wireless cards, that's why I'm asking.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Well the wireless cards are internal to the laptops, so what I've done is disabled the TrueMobile card and put in an Orinoco 802.11a/b combo card. It seems to work fine without the Odyssey client installed. That's my next step, install the Odyssey client and see if it still reboots the access points using the external Orinoco card.

I'll do that monday or tuesday and let you guys know what results I come up with.

Thanks for replies.
    t.e.k.n.o.