Regardless Of Your Political Stance.......
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regardless Of Your Political Stance.......

T3h Ch3F

Regardless Of Your Political Stance.......

Please join me in mourning for these brave and so many times young people of so many cultures, who have made the ultimate sacrifice.

P:

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2003/ira...es/casualties/

War sucks.

AKA Olas.
    2nd Recon Bn.
    Camp Lejeune NC.
    USMC (Former)
    1987-1991

I do indeed join you in that.

Let's also not forget to mourn for those who we (coalition) were and are still fighting for. Hopefully we can pull out of the more dangerous areas soon.

From what I am hearing from the US end, we are going to be giving the Iraqi's complete control by the end of next year (I believe). Just sticking around as long as they ask us to. I agree with the Iraqi's thinking on this one, the sooner we let them have control the less attacks we'll face, hopefully anyway.

War sucks
    You're right... I agree.

`pw

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Just sticking around as long as they ask us to.
    They asked us to leave a long time ago.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Actually, that's not what polls taken on the streets over there are indicating. In fact, most of them are afraid we won't stick around long enough.

Polls taken and reported by who? The U.S. Army? Republican reporters?

Where were they taken? In U.S. friendly areas? In uncontrolled areas?

Who paid for these polls? The U.S. Army? The Whitehouse?

How can anyone be so sure these polls are accurate?

http://www.alternet.org/story.html?StoryID=17021

This is where I found my information.

Taken from the same webpage:

In fact, Zogby International (ZI) in Iraq had conducted the poll, and the American Enterprise Institute (AEI) did publish their interpretation of the findings. But the AEI's "spin" and the Vice-President's use of their "spin" created a faulty impression of the poll's results and, therefore, of the attitudes of the Iraqi people.
    and

When given the choice as to whether they "would like to see the American and British forces leave Iraq in six months, one year, or two years," 31.5 percent of Iraqis say these forces should leave in six months; 34 percent say a year, and only 25 percent say two or more years. So while technically Cheney might say that "over 60 percent [actually 59 percent] . . . want the U.S. to stay at least another year," an equally correct observation would be that 65.5 percent want the U.S. and Britain to leave in one year or less.
    Hmmm... the same poll with two completely different interpretations.

Careful what you believe. It's only a poll. I saw a poll once that proved that eating pickles will increase your chances of surviving an airplane crash: 95% of all crash survivors had eaten pickles in the last 3 months.

Or this one: Since only 40% of all car accidents are caused by alcohol, it must be safer to drive drunk. Most accidents are caused by sober drivers.

Well, that's true. They are only polls, and there is no way for them to "poll" the entire population.

Look, anyone who is going to get and my face and act like we are the bad guys for overthrowing a dictator like Saddam Hussein has no credibility in my eyes. Need I remind everyone that we are still digging up the mass graves in Iraq as we speak? This guy cut off people’s ears and tongues and systematically raped women. Regardless of your politics I think we can all agree the people of Iraq are far better off without this nazi style dictator persecuting and oppressing them.

Anyone who claims otherwise really raises a flag in my mind. Where is the humanity in leaving this guy in power? And now what do we see, a bunch of people who were opposed to this war and still are. What, would you guys rather leave this guy in power to kill countless more innocent people? Yet you would have me believe that you are all humanitarians.

I find it to be very confusing from the left, they claim to stand up for human rights, but when we have a guy who is by far one of the most egregious offenders of those human rights they would rather we had not removed him from power. I find that to be very troubling!

Why should I even believe them the next time they claim to stand for human rights when they are opposed to dealing with the worst offenders of those rights??

Am I the only one who is seeing this hypocrisy?

`pw

Banned
    Lol, some poll says the Iraqi's want the US there, I thought the attacks on US forces would have been a more effective way of proving they dont than a poll.

Its disgusting imperialism and you can fall for nationalism all you want but dont ask us to join in with you.

Hasta la victoria siempre.

I thought the attacks on US forces would have been a more effective way of proving they dont than a poll.
    We're not going to be intimidated by terrorist and former regime bathists, who cares what they think; they are the international bad guys.

Its disgusting imperialism and you can fall for nationalism all you want but dont ask us to join in with you.
    Ludicrous, you don't have to fight with us; we'll fight this terrorism by ourselves if the other nations of the world are going to cower down to it.