No sound

Thread: No sound

Angry No sound

Maybe someone can help me here, I've searched everywhere else. I have one of those crappy emachines 633 machines which originally ran WinMe, I formatted and installed Win98 SE; Apparently in the changeover I've lost my sound altogether and can't seem to find a driver.

The sound card is embedded in the processor, which is an Intel FW 82801AA. Maybe I still have the driver, or maybe I don't. My brain is smoking and more than likely it's something I'm overlooking but I'm to the point of bashing the machine now and since I'm pretty much still a newbie, that obviously plays into the fact that I have no clue what to do about it. If anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it.
    [glowpurple]It all works out in the end.[/glowpurple]

But that\'s just my opinion, I could be wrong.
    Dennis Miller

http://members.driverguide.com/index...2&sm=b&jmd=and

Second one on the list.

its gonna ask you for a username and password.

For the username type in driver
    for the password type in all
    =

Banned
    Since you didn't go into detail, I'm going to ask the obvious questions:

1. Did you look in the Device Manager (Can't remember how to do that in 98)?
    2. What does the DM say about the sound card that it detects?
    3. Note the information and go to:

http://www.windrivers.com/

You should be able to find the drivers you need here.

Banned
    it's best to download them from the manufacturer

do your search here.. put in the model number.

http://www.e4me.com/support/driver_search.html

Hi,

Remember that from the Win 98CD, the drivers are in the "Win98" CD folder, not the "drivers folder"

You have downgraded your OS, this is not always easy. Particularly with a box that has everything on the MoBo as integrated components.

If all else fails, try to install the audio drivers from the WIN 98 folder on your CD, then look for any upgrades on the NET.

Good luck

I would think that if the sound chip worked under ME, then the drivers must be on the ME CD. I don't know where they are kept, but it may be possible to install these drivers from your old CD. It looks like the chip was made after 98SE was released. Maybe just telling 98 to search for drivers on the whole CD will work.

Also, make sure you haven't accidentally disabled the onboard sound in the BIOS settings, and that the volume is not muted from the volume control.

If you have another soundcard installed in an expansion slot, sometimes they conflict with onboard codecs. Try taking it out, if you have one in.

Thanks to everyone that replied. Apparently on my first trip through Drivers Guide, I missed that download because now that I see it again, I remember it; so thanks especially to Cheyenne, this resolved the whole issue.
    [glowpurple]It all works out in the end.[/glowpurple]

But that\'s just my opinion, I could be wrong.
    Dennis Miller

A bit late to help vengeance_rtf but if anyone else ever has a similer prob the easiest way I find that usually but not always works, is to go to the Windows Update site, after it has scanned you machine if you look in the drivers section you can usually download the driver you require. Sometimes these arnt the most up to date drivers but its better than not having one at all i suppose.
    Drugs have taught an entire generation of kids the metric system.

http://tazforum.**********.com/