Thread: last post

last post

I have noticed on several occasions....well actually anytime i try
    that in any forum when clicking on a link beside a post (you know how it says the pages 1,2,3,4...last) no matter what page number I click on or if I click on the last - where available - it still takes me to the first page of the post...this has been happening now I think since before the upgrade - i can't remember exactly how long....wasn't a major thing so i didn't post it but is getting really annoying now >_<;

Browser - Opera V7.20
    Java Sun Java Runtime Environment version 1.4
    OS - Win98se

v_Ln

I have the same problem to. However, if I right click on the last page link then select open, or open in new page, then it takes me to the last page, but I just single click it, no matter what it takes me to the fist post. If I click on a last page link on the front page though it takes me to the last page. It just doesn't work when I'm browsing in the forums.
    =

I've never experienced this problem, but I would guess it might be down to the fact that if you click on the area surrounding the link (when it highlights to a lighter shade of grey), that also takes you to the first page of the post. So perhaps your browser is confusing the link with the background and the background link (i.e. the javascript:document.location.href bit) takes precedence? It's the only reason I can think of, although I don't have a problem in Mozilla 1.5 on Windows.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

I'm not seeing this problem in either IE6 or in Netscape7 w/win2000 or XP. I don't have Opera installed so I can't test that browser at the moment.

I think pwaring's guess may be correct. If that's the case, the way to fix it would be to remove the link from the table cell background, but I kinda like that feature... since this isn't a big problem (I'd call it a nuisance-level bug) I'm going to leave it for now.

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.

I've just tested the problem in Opera 7.2 with JRE 1.2 (although Java isn't the problem) and it works fine for me. I can select any page (including the last one) using the links provided and it takes me to the correct one. I'm using Windows XP at the moment, but I doubt that would make a difference.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Ah.. but the OS could make a difference. I see visual difference and page layout difference between XP, 98, slackware and RH. I've had issues sometimes with how the browser/OS interprets fonts, page width, etc. So, it might be a factor.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

cheyenne: is right tho if i right click and go to open it works?? weird

v_Ln

That is weird.

I tested it out the other day on a different computer running XP pro, and have the same problems. If I got into any of the forums and select last link, it takes me to the first one, but it works fine on the main page. lol

Oh well I guess I can live with it.
    =

Originally posted here by MsMittens
    Ah.. but the OS could make a difference. I see visual difference and page layout difference between XP, 98, slackware and RH. I've had issues sometimes with how the browser/OS interprets fonts, page width, etc. So, it might be a factor.
    That's strange, I've never noticed differences between seperate versions of Windows before, although I suppose XP could screw things up with its new theme and everything. I don't rememeber having ever experienced this problem before though, and I've used pretty much every combination of Linux/Windows and Mozilla/IE/Opera available in the last couple of years.