Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good keylogger

Good keylogger

I'm looking for a good keylogger, could you guys please tell what's a good one?

What exactly do you need a keylogger for??
    =

I don't think there is any useful purpose a keylogger can be used for, do you wanna steal someones password or do you just want to use it to "f*** around with"?
    The above sentences are produced by the propaganda and indoctrination of people manipulating my mind since 1987, hence, I cannot be held responsible for this post\'s content - me

www.elhalf.com

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Originally posted here by el-half
    I don't think there is any useful purpose a keylogger can be used for, do you wanna steal someones password or do you just want to use it to "f*** around with"?
    Sure there is.

a) on a honeypot to see what an attacker does. I want to know what key commands they use so I know what kind of attack they are going/have done. It's forensic look.

b) in some companies it might be worthwhile to gather information about what employees are doing, particularly those suspected of distributing confidential data/proprietary information.

Anything can be justified. It all boils down to intent and ethics.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Originally posted here by MsMittens
    Sure there is.

a) on a honeypot to see what an attacker does. I want to know what key commands they use so I know what kind of attack they are going/have done. It's forensic look.

Exactly, that's what I need it for. And plus, I want to pplay around with a keylogger.

Originally posted here by phratkie
    Exactly, that's what I need it for. And plus, I want to pplay around with a keylogger.
    On what platform is your honeypot?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

I was just wanting to make sure that this wasn't for malicious puposes.

I don't have a link to this site, but this ones free and simple.

Its called "Family key Logger" All it does it record keystrokes. Nothing else. I like it cause its free and simple to use.
    =

Maybe im being parinoid but dont you think its kinda strange that msmittens nailed what he wanted the keylogger for in her first go he didnt even bother to retype the reason he just copyied and pasted it but then maybe im being parinoid
    \"An eye for an eye and the world would be blind\"
    (I dunno who said this)

sniper0wolf0 told me it was Ghandi Thanks

The thing is: he could give any reason as to why he wants to use it (even if they weren't ones I suggested). But it's up to him to realize the following:

a) depending on your country you may have laws that prohibit using utilities that collect passwords or personal information (invasion of privacy, etc.)

b) if it's to get girlfriend's/boyfriend's/spouse/partner/parents, etc password or collect "blackmail" information there are reprecussions he/she will have to deal with (and sometimes those are worse than legal reprecussions).

c) events of point b can escalate into something worse that can get you into trouble for more than simple computer crime(s).

Information can be provided. It's up to the end user to use it ethically, wisely and to live up to the true sense of a hacker; not to live up to the media's glorified sense of a hacker.