Thread: Looking For An Online Image Extractor

Question Looking For An Online Image Extractor

Hi everyone...

Do any of you know of a free online image extractor?

In other words, I'm looking for some type of online service where you can just enter in a web address and it returns a page with just the images found on the specified page, or something similar?

Basically something that gets rid of all the text, html and other code and just displays the images. It's kind of like that safe-browser service that SamSpade offers, where it only displays a web page's code.....only I'd like to find something that displays the images only.

This would really save me time, since I work alot with clipart and images.

Thanks!!!!!

http://download.com.com/3120-20-0.ht...tor&tg=dl-2001

This is what I got from download.com try a couple diffrent searches and you might come up with more. I think the first one might do what you asking.

Just as a point though, most graphics on website are copyrighted, as much as a nussience as it is, it's illegal to use them without written premission.

DeafLamb

Elite Hacker
    I'm using the mozilla web browswer with redhat linux. If I go to view>Page info, it will have a window popup with five tabs. The fourth tab is called media. If I click on that tab it displays every image that was loaded on the currently loaded page, and also every video I believe. I also has a button in the window to save any media from that loaded page that you want. You can get mozilla from www.mozilla.org. It runs on linux, windows, or mac OSX. I'm sure that netscape has the same thing so that would be an alternative, maybe even better than mozilla. I hope this is what you were after.

Nice post h3r3tic. I'm on my sister's winows box right now so couldn't fool around with the mozzilla browser, I also looked more closely at the link I gave, there not free but ten bucks dosn't seem so bad

DeafLamb

I know there's a version for Mac...I think it was called ImageTicker? Not sure though.
    www.ADigitalPimp.com
    There is a ghost in the machine, and he is my friend.

The program that I listed (If I got the name right) actually searches a server for images, videos, files and the like. It can be quite useful for such things.
    www.ADigitalPimp.com

Try WebZIP, from Spidersoft, or Snagit, from Techsmith.

WebZIP is designed to rip entire webpages off a site. It downloads entire sites by following links you specify. It can be tuned to download images and media specifically.

Snagit is designed specifically to download media such as images and video from a website. I've never used it personally, although I've heard some high praise for it.

Both of these tools should work pretty well for you.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

The program I was thinking was called Hotline. Just checked.
    www.ADigitalPimp.com