This is just something that I was podering for awhile. Could it be possible that in a couple of years from now virus writers create a virus which uses Steganography methods to hide itself? For example the virus resides and hides in data files like images, music, or movie files. I think that this would be a great technique for a virus to hide itself from detection. Also a very powerful method for the virus to be distributed.

Lets just say a virus writer creates a virus uses steganography methods to hide the virus. The file is uploaded on to a P2P network. Where unsuspecting users download it. The file is downloaded, and then opened. Once opened the virus find a way to extract itself from the data file and begins its work. Another thing could it be possible for a virus writer to also incorporate his own steganography engine that would allow the virus to insert itself into a data file contained within the users drive? For example once the user has been infected to avoid detection the virus searches for a data file prefarable a music file to hide itself thus allowing it to do further damage. Now if this is possible that would open up the door to new key loggers,worms,trojans etc ... to be able to be hidden and propagated througout the internet in a more lethay way.

Now that's just my own thoughts and I was just wondering what do you guys think ? ...