Thread: Dhtml and Html

Dhtml and Html

Hello AO there is something that bothers me with regards to html and dhtml. I mean, how does the two differ?

HTML is, well, NOT a programming language. But a language your browser can understand. HTML is a basic website design environment. DHTML is Dynamic HTML and allows you to add things to a webpage that, well to me, act almost like Java Scripts.

HTML you would use to create a webpage. DHTML you would use to make it look nice. If you are in school or cann go to college, take a class or two in internet development/web design and you'll learn alot.

Also, search in the tutorials forum, I'm sure there are a few tutorials on HTML. Also, http://www.google.com Do a search for HTML and DHTML and you should be able to find a couple of help files and so on.

If you use Windows and have Front Page, look in that for DHTML, It's been a good year since I'v opened it on my Windows boxes, but there is a setting for adding DHTML without having to code it.

Add a few DHTML effects to the page and then go look at the code to see how it's done. Also, your new here, the forum you put this is, is designed for questions relating to this website. I really think this forum should be renamed though. It can throw newbie off.

If you have any more questions, reply.

Gore your right but HTML is a Language.

Hyper Text Markup Language.

hehe

Now Gore I don't really like FrontPage for several personal reasons.

It is also better to code your own stuff IMO but to each his own.

Though if your gonna do DHTML you might as learn about XHTML also.

There are tons of sites to explain to you, about them.

Lol, you nerd, I said it wasn't a PROGRAMMING language. I DId say it was a language though. I didn't say I liked front page, I just said I had it.

I would like to add, DHTML is realy just a way of makeing dynamic web pages by combineing Scripting and StyleSheets along with other interactive web technologies. Often a combination of Javascript and CSS, but HTML itself is the glue that holds it together.

This is how I understood it

www.dynamicdrive.com

has loads of lil code snippets showing DHTML as well

v_Ln

Ok guys thank you! That really helped me a lot.