Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creating Messageboard

Creating Messageboard

Hi peeps is there any link you happen to know in Creating a messageboard? I'm planning to create one on my website so that I can interact with my friends on my own website. Thanks!

what can your host support? do you have mySQL, php etc??
    if you want a full forum like this you could look ay something like phpBB, phpNuke, YAbb, Exoops, invision, etc etc etc there are loads out there - just find the one that suits your needs

but if you dont have acess to host your own forum or you just want a guestbook kinda thing you can look into free guestbook services which are hosted on another server - you just gotta put up with the ads. You can find loads of these on Google

v_Ln

Ok thank you very much valhallen but Is there a site that destributes a source for a messageboard?

there are plenty but as i asked earlier what languages/database will you be using? if it is a free host i doubt you will have mySQl etc so having a remotly hosted one is prolly your only option - on paid sites you may have the requirments to host your own and many also provide pre-built scripts
    if you are looking for one of your own however you could try ::
    hotscripts.com

or if you want to build an actual forum there is loads of ones out there
    phpBB
    yaBB
    phpNuke
    Invision
    exoops

etc etc

without knowing your exact requirments is hard to give an exact answer

v_Ln

okay thanks again vallhalen

even i m intrested in the same..
    can i have a messageboard for my website??
    my website is hosted on geocities, i dont use any database...
    Now is the moment, or NEVER!!!

For those of you with free geocities sites, you can have free remotely hosted forum boards. For a free Invisionboard go to invisionfree.com, and for a free ikonboard go to myikonboard.com. There are many other sites out there as well , so go check them out!

As to forum software, I'd have to say that vBulletin is the best out there, and Invision board is second place. I've worked as an admin and a user on both of these forums, and they're both great. If you don't have the money for vB then get the free version of Invision.

Vbulletin is what AntiOnline uses, Is there a free version that is very similar to it, PHP?

soda :: yeah loads depending on what you are looking for

YAbb
    phpBB
    invision
    phpNUKE
    exoops

v_Ln

Invision is the most similar to vB as far as features and function go. I'm really not too keen on phpBB.