Thread: limiting bandwidth in windows

limiting bandwidth in windows

well i finally got dsl (w00t). anyways my isp has these stupid bandwidth limitation things so if you dl at max speed for too much your bw gets reduced temporarily. so i am looking for a program i can install on my xp box to limit my bandwidth i am using. i am talking about a global program that limits it from windows itself, not like an ftp program such as flashget which allows you to limit bandwidth from there. i am mainly looking at something that can limit mirc for large dcc files.
    thanks for any help,
    -alex

That does indeed sound stupid, but anyways....

If you need to control your bandwith usage use DU Controler from Zuka software.
    It has good functions and can be used to limit bw for file sharing and lots of other proggies, including mirc (so they say). Check their site for some fixes and stuff.

It's not free but you can always support the industry and buy it

Just curious what is your bandwith speed at?

http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/

I thought those rules were mostly fo people setting up servers in there house and for Kazaa Feinds?

well let me give you a break down of the internet in jordan. although it doesnt appear like a monopoly to your average joe on the street it is in fact one. there are many isps to choose from but they all get their bandwidth from one provider, jordan telecom. jordan telecom has only one link out of jordan and its direct to new york. jordan telecom is owned by france telecom. jordan telecom also owns one of the largest isps global one who were just bought out by wanadoo which is owned by france telecom. the way they work over here is idiotic. its because of this stupid monopoly that nothing drives them forward to provide a better service.

if my isp had that bs, i would kick them in the nuts, just a thought
    speak your mind becuase those who matter don\'t mind and those who mind don\'t matter

Anyone know of a test that will test upload and not download?
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Try this site to test your bandwith speed:

http://www.dslreports.com/tools

Can't remember if they test upload and download speeds separatly though.
    If you don\'t have anything constructive to say,don\'t say anything at all!