Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remotely executing a program on my computer - netbios

Remotely executing a program on my computer - netbios

Hi there!
    I have a problem:
    I have a small LAN set up at home and I'm sharing some folders in one of the computers through netbios. I have an antivirus on that shared folder.

My question is, how can start the antivirus on the computer where im sharing that folder. The problem is that by default when you execute it from a different computer, the antivirus is actually opened in the computer from where you are calling the file. Not in the computer where the file is shared.

Help!!

Perhaps the best way to do this is to use a Remote Desktop Control program, such as PC Anywhere, or numerous other ones.

I would also check out Download.com, where I found this nifty little program:
    http://download.com.com/3000-7240-10...ml?tag=lst-0-9
    That should do what you need, or something similiar. That program has a free trial, so it could easily work.

This one might also fit, which is completely free:
    http://download.com.com/3000-7240-10...l?tag=lst-0-15

Hope this helps!
    www.ADigitalPimp.com
    There is a ghost in the machine, and he is my friend.

Information such as your password and IP would be useful in assisting. Also, what AV are you running?

-Cheers-

If you're using Norton, you could set up an automatic launch. Any other sort of AV could automatically be started at a given time.
    www.ADigitalPimp.com

The problem is that I want to do it through netbios, without having to use any additional application such as PC Anywhere.

I want to learn how to open any applications located in a shared folder, so that it is actually opened in the computer where the shared file is located, and NOT in the computer from where I am accessing the shared file.

Thanks guys...

I know that it has to be possible under Windows, but its got to be a lot easier to do under *nix....if your other machine happens to be a Unix box, I can easily dig up a script for you that'll do the trick.
    www.ADigitalPimp.com

All antiviruses should start when your computer(s) boot(s) and remain running until you power down. There are odd times when you deliberately disable them to install software, but apart from that the general rule holds.

AVs do NOT attach to "folders" they attach to computers or networks.

Information such as your password and IP would be useful in assisting. Also, what AV are you running?
    I DO hope that you are not foolish enough to respond?

If you are, please PM me $20 out of your wallet

Cheers

Elite Hacker
    I don't think you can do that through netBIOS, it has to be through some third party application. If you are worried about cost, there are at least three free VNC programs, that get you a remote desktop which you can execute anything on the remote computer. tightVNC, realVNC, and ultraVNC. I use ultraVNC right now. You just install the server on the computer you want to be able to access, and make sure and set a good password. You don't even need the viewer if you allow the little web server that comes with to run. You can just type http://ip:5800/

depending on which ver. of win. you are running you could just setup a telnet server to run on the host computer. With this you could execute commands or programs on the remote computer by using a telnet client which is available even on win95, no other third party software would be needed (except the telnet server). Depending or not on weather your AV as a command line option you could even automate the process with a batch file.

Hope this helps.

DeafLamb

AV version not relevant

I didnt mention the AV version because i just used as an example of an application to be remotely executed.

Thank you guyS!!!