Thread: How do I get Internet with Linux?

How do I get Internet with Linux?

I have Red hat Linux and I wan't to connect it to the internet but, I don't know how, can some one help me? Since linux is free and all, I wan't to spend the least amount of money I can on it.I have Mozilla but, don't you have to pay money to dial-up with it? If I could connect to the net with linux I would hardly ever need windows any more.

I have Red hat Linux and I wan't to connect it to the internet but, I don't know how, can some one help me?
    Can't you just go down to your toolbar and click on the mozilla launcher?? Or did you not properly configure your network device?

I have Mozilla but, don't you have to pay money to dial-up with it?
    Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but I don't understand? I don't think you need money to use Mozilla, in fact, I know you don't. You do however need to have an Internet connection; I am assuming you already have one since your posting here right??

Its almost sounding like you think that you won't ever have to pay for interenet service again after you use linux.??

Like Framework said, you need to configure you modem, or network card to connect. I'm not a linux box right now so I can't really help you, but look for something taht says network config. should be on the little start menu somewhere.

If I could connect to the net with linux I would hardly ever need windows any more.
    If you don't use AOL or anything, and you just pay for one net connection, then you don't have to pay to use I.E. If you did wanna stick with windows, I would suggest the Opera Web browser.
    =

I wan't a FREE Web Browser For Linux. I know Mozilla is free but I have AOL so I can't dial up with linux, I need something else to dial up with.

Linux has free web browsers..I never heard of not being able to use AOL with Linux though, and I can't see why it would make any difference as long as it is set up correctly....but hey, I could be wrong, and I might learn something new...

And just to clarify, it is not your browser that "dials up" the internet....ii't a program that should start with something like PPP...I don't recall which one it is (haven't had enough coffee yet)

Someone more experienced in Linux will be able to help you, right after they tell me I am full of crap

In the meantime, do a google for something like "dial up networking, red hat" and see what yo come up with.

Hey,

Maybe these links will help:

http://www.observers.net/gamera/
    http://linuxtoday.com/developer/2000053100304PS

I have been in other forums and I remember hearing a fella say he was using AOL just fine in linux. I'll try and hunt that link down for you if I can, so we know it can be done.