Thread: ed site help needed

Unhappy ed site help needed

Need some information abt information coding from the site http://www.ee.uwa.edu.au/~roberto/teach/itc314.Would like 2 know if his stuff is available anywhere on the web(tried google with no luck).
    Would be a great help if someone could help me get access 2 member content on the above site

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Your link is out of whack.

Have you considered sending him an email and asking politely?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

sorry this is the exact page http://www.ee.uwa.edu.au/~roberto/te...outs/lectures/
    I actually need them very much.Would be glad if anyone could help.
    Also content of the author roberto togneris book would help,
    anyone out there pleez

Just Another Geek
    I surely hope you're not asking one of use to violate copyrights.

Have you tried the local bookstore? If you give them the ISBN number they can order it for you if they don't have it in stock.
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Where do copyrights come from it is not abook just lecture notes i guess.

As a professor, at minimum, I own the copyright to my lecture. More likely the school I work at owns it. It is freely distributed to students of the material but anything beyond isn't usually acceptable since this becomes proprietary information and potentially a way that a competing school could use my material to create a course of their own without my permission.

So there is copyright.

But some profs are more interested in sharing information. Which brings me back to my question: why don't you just email the prof and ask?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

txs msmittens 4 the suggestion i tried it but to no avail , i am yet to get an answer

If you sent out the question this week, you might not get a response until sometimes later next week. It is a statutory holiday in the US. He/she may also be checking to see what legal issues might impede him/her distributing outside the school. Or they may just be slow.

Patience is a virtue. If they don't reply after two weeks, try again.