Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: We've Been Hacked !

Originally posted here by DjM
    Tiger, I think you and I are running down the wrong path here, I don't think this guy has very much control over this server I think his website is being hosted, if that's the case then khabi has hit the nail on the head.

Cheers:

Right path or wrong path....i just HAVE to say I think you guys, ALL of you, are GREAT

Well if they are Brazilian i dont think there is much you can do. Correct me if i am wrong but i dont think Brazil has laws on breaking in to sytems please some one correct me if i am wrong
    [that may be so, but it's an american comp' the Fed' would take care of the situation, however, that really only applies to large companies that have a lot of $, u on the other hand won't be able to do a thing except try to protect yourself in the furture...and remember nothing is "hack proof," anything that can be created can be destroyed.]
    [Lord Viczerez::Emperor of the Viczerian Empire]
    ::GO UCF KNIGHTS:: ^_~ ::
    [RiceBoy1782@hotmail.com]

Originally posted here by khabi
    A I look at the version of phpbb you're running and it currently has exploits available. I didn't go indepth to see what they were, but there are there. Wether or not its relevent to this defacement, you should update them anyways =)

okay...i just had a look at all the "exploits"....gimme a hint will ya? just where, under what category should i go look for the phpbb exploits ?

Originally posted here by metaliana
    okay...i just had a look at all the "exploits"....gimme a hint will ya? just where, under what category should i go look for the phpbb exploits ?
    This should give you a start.

http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/vendor/

Go to this site and select the vendor (e.g. phpbb)

Cheers:
    DjM

if its a seriel defacement happening chances are its related to the mod_gzip exploit. to stop this disable debug mode
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

MyOmy i'm getting a serious headache out of this ! I guess i'm in for some heavy studying again ....DAMN HACKERS !

Thank you all for trying to help me though

So, I guess i've done all i can and know how... i suppose i could do plenty more, but as my "boss" says, "there'll always be people who can find their way in, no matter how good you try to prevent it" ....

Elite Hacker
    Originally posted here by metaliana
    So, I guess i've done all i can and know how... i suppose i could do plenty more, but as my "boss" says, "there'll always be people who can find their way in, no matter how good you try to prevent it" ....
    That doesn't mean stop securing your box. That's like saying, people are going to get in no matter what, so I'm just not going to secure my box. You want to make it as hard as you possibly can for someone to get in. You should always be looking for new ways to make your box more secure. You should also always be looking for patches and updates for all your software.

metaliana, you can look at it this way...although it is true that no matter how hard you work to secure something, somebody can always find a way in, it is possible to make it so that you are not a "victim of opportunity"...by plugging the known holes which have been pointed out, and keeping up with the known exploits, at least you ensure that a script kiddie isn't going to accidentally find his/her way in. Anybody that does actually get in will have to "earn" it, and while the act is still despicable, I at least have a grain of repect for someone with that kind of ability.

As for doing more...why not? If you have the time and the interest, you only stand to make yourself a more valuable asset, and knowledge is power.

I encourage you to not give up just because you think you will always lose, no matter what...that is self defeatist...and that's what hackers want.

EDIT: lol heretic...you type faster!!!

you know, i need someone to check it out and see if it's still an open book or not....cuz like i said, i've done all i can & know of....so having someone point out where there are still holes might be handy