windows 98 se product key

Thread: windows 98 se product key

windows 98 se product key

a few days ago i screwed up my computer and deleted windows, i got a windows 98 se installation cd from my friend i finaly installed it, (i had problems...) but now i need the product key can anyone give me a product key for it or tell me what to do?
    ammon

Use the code that came with the cd? I dunno, just a hunch....

Don't you have the OS disk that came with your computer?

i borrowed this cd from my friend id ask him but hes not online ,theres thanksgiving hollidays starting wednessday and im not going to school tommorow and i wont b able to see him. i got the computer like 5 years ago so i lost my cd its my fault for being unorganized but can some one tell me what to do?
    ammon

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Your options open to you:

- contact Microsoft
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you are probably going to have to wait until you can get a hold of your friend...

or buy something newer, which wouldn't be a bad idea anyway..

or, until you can get a hold of your friend, maybe you can amuse yourself with Google? I'm sure that your intentions are honorable, bit we are a suspicious lot (it is a pre-requisite to being interested in security I think )

EDIT: I agree nihil...why would anyone want to pirate 98?

Hi,

The product key is on the front of the booklet that came with the CD, do you still have this?

It is also on his booklet.

MsMittens is right, contact Microsoft support and tell them your problem. 98Se is not something they worry about, they don't sell it anymore. They are quite likely to help you.

<start> <settings> <control panel> <system> The product key is halfway down on the right.

Good luck

BTW I don't believe anyone would want to pirate Win98Se

Originally posted here by nihil
    Hi,

The product key is on the front of the booklet that came with the CD, do you still have this?

It is also on his booklet.

MsMittens is right, contact Microsoft support and tell them your problem. 98Se is not something they worry about, they don't sell it anymore. They are quite likely to help you.

<start> <settings> <control panel> <system> The product key is halfway down on the right.

Good luck

BTW I don't believe anyone would want to pirate Win98Se
    i dont have the booklet my friend (xero7x) brang me the cd by its self to school so i could borrow it i cant see him tomorrow im skiping school (long story...) and then i have to wait 5 days for holidays to end(not that im complaining) im using my moms computer with windows ME if i did that thing to get the key would it be the same? thanks.
    ammon

i cant find anything on google just pop-ups......
    ammon

YEAH!!!!!!!!!! thank you heretic!!!! finaly i got my computer working!!!you rock man!
    ammon

Or just ask anybody else in the world...most people have it I know I still have in dual booting with madrake, but its illegal to give out online :/ GOOD LUCK!!
    Did curiousity really kill the cat, or is that just what they want you to think?