Antipoints
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Antipoints

Antipoints

How do I assign antipoints?
    sorry for being such a
    NOOB

Banned
    You click the "Assign Positive or Negative AntiPoints To This Post " link on top of each post and then decide if you want to give out negative or positive AP's. And you migh want to read this thread http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=233413 and pay the FAQ a visit. http://www.antionline.com/misc.php?s=&action=faq

Banned
    Some people really need to read around befor posting.

Nightfalls_Girl

Banned
    I agree, Nightfalls_Girl, but at least he said sorry. *shrug*

In my opinion, everyone is always fussing about how people should read the FAQ and whatnot, but when I go to my main antionline.com page at first glance I don't see the FAQ. I actually have to look deeply into the list of 10pt font-ed things on the right side of the screen to find it. If it's a huge deal, why not make it bigger and more accessible?

for all people say about "you have to read the FAQ, i have never even thought about readin it. however, i have never been given a neg yet. the FAQ is more of a written down version of Nettiquite + common sense.

slick
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

I agree with Jehnny in that the FAQ is not pointed out to new users. I do not remember seeing anying about an FAQ when I joined. I read it later, but I had to find it on my own.

I think with the number of guests using this site, it would be cumbersome to place a large link to it on the unregistered main page. However, it could be mailed to new members.

I guess that would require a lot of bandwidth, though. Perhaps a large link could be placed in the email sent out before completing the registration process.

I imagine many people would read the FAQ if it was pointed out. Sure, a lot would never bother, but a lot would too. We can't really blame people for not reading it if the first they ever hear of it is when they get flamed for not reading it.

Yes, I think a large link in the welcome email would work better than the current methods.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

I believe there is a suggestion asking you to read the FAQ...but I cant really remember...
    Did curiousity really kill the cat, or is that just what they want you to think?

I think its in the confirmation email, or in that huge notice you see once you log in AO.
    Did curiousity really kill the cat, or is that just what they want you to think?

Banned
    I answered his question first, then said that he visits the FAQ for he may have another question that is already there.

I think it should be on the front page when you log in for the first time as a member a run once type of thing and then when you log back in a second time it should be gone That is what I think should happen. it will save us members the time of typing Read the faq to questions Granted some questions are not in the faq but the faq should be updated with new questions and answers.