MultiProxy and Sygate

Thread: MultiProxy and Sygate

Post MultiProxy and Sygate

Hello all.. .I have recently installed Multiproxy and Sygate Pro on a 98se all patch system, Both installed with no errors, and work well . The problem is that when I change the inet settings for use with Multiproxy, I get a DNS Error on the browser when I try to surf to a site.. (none in particular) to test config.

My Question is, Have any of you had similar problems with the same config. and if so could you please Enlighten meas to a resolution.

Best Regards
    [gloworange]The Only Way to be Safe is To Never Be Secure. [/gloworange]
    Benjamin Franklin

How are you connected to the internet? Are you using a network a modem to dial-up?

Also, check your proxys, there should be a feature within Multiproxy that'll allow you to do this. This can be a common problem because, unless its a commonly used proxy, it could easily go down without anyway of letting you know about it.

If the proxys don't check out it either means that they've gone under (atleast for a while, but don't count on them being back anytime soon) or that the way you have it configured is messed up somewhere along the way.

I hope that this helps.
    www.ADigitalPimp.com
    There is a ghost in the machine, and he is my friend.

Originally posted here by SonofGalen
    How are you connected to the internet? Are you using a network a modem to dial-up?

Also, check your proxys, there should be a feature within Multiproxy that'll allow you to do this. This can be a common problem because, unless its a commonly used proxy, it could easily go down without anyway of letting you know about it.

If the proxys don't check out it either means that they've gone under (atleast for a while, but don't count on them being back anytime soon) or that the way you have it configured is messed up somewhere along the way.

I hope that this helps.
    Hey There, Yes There is a Dialup Inet Connection..I had all the proxies checked..I was Thinking that mabyee the firewall I was using for this box was messing things up.. But Thanks allot for your help..

I have had limited success with help questions on AO in the past , but you helped me rule out some of the problems Thanks

Regards
    Benjamin Franklin

It may be that the firewall is causing the problem, check and make sure that you are giving access to those proxies. If that's not it, then I can't think of anything else right now. Good luck.
    www.ADigitalPimp.com
    There is a ghost in the machine, and he is my friend.

it is the firewall probably that blocks the multyproxy application and thats why it cant acces or its just a bad list of proxys
    Un Seen But Well Heard Of

Elite Hacker
    The similar thread link at the bottom seems to have some good info. I would take synini666's advice and turn off the firewall then test it. This will rule out the firewall being the problem. If it works, you just need to make a rule on your firewall to let that traffic through. If not, then your firewall is probably not the problem.

Hello all,
    Thanks for all the input.. I will Give all of you gys great advice a wirl .. Thanks again

Regards
    Benjamin Franklin