Thread: Deleted Tutorial

Post Deleted Tutorial

My last tutorial was simply not up to par. For this, I'd like to apologize.

Its not that I got any negative feedback for it, in fact the feedback that I got was fairly decent. Still not good enough for myself, or for AO. I'm not saying AO didn't accept it. I'm saying that it wasn't what AO wanted or needed at the time.

So I've gone ahead and deleted it from the Tutorials section, and I'll be moving it to the Programming area, because I think that it will fit just as well.

Why am I doing this? Because I don't want the first tutorial I write under this name to be a bad one. I don't want to set a bad record for myself, or ruin what "prestige" there is with having written a Tutorial. Anyone can write the kind of Tutorial that I wrote, fewer people can do better. I think I can do better and so I'm going to strive to. If I'm going to earn any respect here again I want it to be because of hard work that I've done, because people have recognized my ideas as good ones. Not because I can churn out decent tutorials on matters that were already covered.

For the fact that it had already been covered, I will apologize. My search probably turned up Eskimo's post, and I just ignored it because of the title. If you haven't read that tutorial, I'd recommend reading it, it goes into a lot of detail and can be quite useful. :-)

So, there it is. Happy Hacking.
    www.ADigitalPimp.com
    There is a ghost in the machine, and he is my friend.

Well well done first of all for taking the time to create a tutorial for the community. Secondly I am sure the tutorial is fine, plus practise makes perfect. You make this place worthwhile coming to for people like me who want to learn. Thank you.

Thank you. Makes me feel a bit better. :-)
    www.ADigitalPimp.com
    There is a ghost in the machine, and he is my friend.