Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New here? Then read this!!!!

I knew all the easy answers I had had to have been answered and have had FAQs written for them but no matter how hard I searched the forums or looked for a FAQ, I got kinda lost. I didn't want to just start a new thread cuz I knew the answer was here somewhere and I didn't want to seem like a total n00b. THANK YOU!!!! you have given me a flask of water when my lips were parched and dry in my serious thirst for knowledge.

Thumbs up Thx

Thanks for the info resources...they will be more than helpful sinse I'm obviously new here.
    \"If you are ruled by your mind, you are a king; if by body, a slave.\"

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    As per the other noob's, I wish to say that this thread DOES make it easier to source the 'obvious' questions, and therefore we SHOULD have less trashy threads, however I recall the recent (Dec 03) thread for cryptography by 'wanker'? you will ALWAYS get the odd one ?? who does not / can not / will not do ANY research.
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone

The Recidivist
    This kinda pointless but I just found it a little funny that in Noia's post he mentions newbies using there common sense.

But spells it "common sence".

I found it funny........

hjack

edit : something I saw funny about my post was the fact I was kinda taking a jab at Noia (just in play Noia) and noticed that I myself use there instead of their.
    "Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise": thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

Why do they call it common sense... theres nothing COMMON about it..??

You do realize that alot of newbies will still fail to read the FAQ, even after many times of being told to do so. Heh, to be honest, I'm not entirely sure if I ever read any of the FAQs on here. Then again, while I may have been a newbie to AO, I haven't been a newbie to computers for many years now.

L0adsa txt 2 reed

can someone tell me what ^^^^ That guy said. I don't have a clue.

Originally posted here by whizkid2300
    can someone tell me what ^^^^ That guy said. I don't have a clue.
    He said he dosen't have a bit of common sense and that he hasn't read any of the FAQ's yet.
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

I just checked over the FAQs, and the two by Ennis do not seem to be working. I get AO's 404 when I click on them. I suppose that it is very likely they'be been moved, but I just wanted to mention this.
    www.ADigitalPimp.com
    There is a ghost in the machine, and he is my friend.