Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "100 %" Hack Proof.. Any thoughts....

Post "100 %" Hack Proof.. Any thoughts....

Hello all.

I have recently come across this site.. is this claim Possible??

http://secretcomputer.com

Im Looking for Productive Input.. as to the reality of this claim by "knowlegeable" individuals

Cheers & Regards
    [gloworange]The Only Way to be Safe is To Never Be Secure. [/gloworange]
    Benjamin Franklin

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    IMHO, nothing is 100% secure so I'd have some doubts about it. I think it's just a matter of time before someone finds a way in.

Ok. I'd be a little suspicious of a security site that makes this kind of claim and has "franchise opportunities". For a hardware developer?!
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Well let me be the first to say bullshit.... anybody making claims of anything being 100% secure isn't smoking from the same end of the pipe I do (used to, that is )

Data encryption speed- fastest in the world...I would like to see proof of that..and I don't care if it is hardware based... it wasn't too long ago that dongles were the be all and end all of security... it didn't take long for emulators to start showing up....

Either they really want to be sued for false advertising, or their PR man had one hell of a buzz when he wrote that...

EDIT: Dang, one of their other products is a machine to remove chalk from chalkboard dusters...that's who I want to buy my technology from... maaaaan...

EDITEDIT: Sorry Phantom, I think I'm gonna change my name to threadkiller cause I seem to do that alot.....

As soon as you make something idiotproof, somebody invents a better idiot.

As soon as you make something bulletproof, somebody invents a bigger bullet.

As soon as you make something waterproof, somebody finds wetter water.

As soon as you make something hackerproof, somebody becomes a better hacker.

I have backdrafted idiotproof fireplaces, shot through bulletproof vests, shorted out waterproof watches, and hacked hackerproof systems. Hacking is nothing more than exploiting a weakness that somebody, somewhere, didn't expect. Either that or taking advantage of one created by ignorance or laziness. Nothing is anything-proof when human error and ignorance become a factor.

These people are only trying to play on the fears of misinformed, gullible and paranoid management.

Administrative Contact:
    Lee, Edward secretcomputercom@yahoo.com
    10010 Devon Wood Court
    Colorado Springs, CO 80920
    This "multi-million" dollar business is run from a private home and uses a yahoo email account as an administrative contact?

He also expects to turn a profit in the first year. Mistake number one.

Bullshit. The only thing worse than no security is false security.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    http://secretcomputer.com/popupwindowmessage.html

notice they are looking for money.... its a scam site. They are hoping for funding. If they actually had developed something like this, venture capilists would be fighting to give them money.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

DO NOT be confused with other inferior product,
    which DOES NOT give full 100% data protection !
    Even I have better grammer... thats bad
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    -- souleman

legal statement....

Secret Computer.Com does not want to receive confidential or proprietary information from you through our Web site. Please note that any information or material sent to Secret Computer.Com will be deemed NOT to be confidential. By sending Secret Computer.Com any information or material, you grant Secret Computer.Com an unrestricted, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, transmit and distribute those materials or information, and you also agree that Secret Computer.Com is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques that you send us for any purpose.
    This is pretty amusing actually
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    -- souleman

But hey you gotta realise that some doofes is gonna fall for this little sham that probably took months to think of and plan..
    But there are always going to be looking for a quick Buck so to speak.
    As long as there are dumb enough people, there will always be people trying to rip 'em off.
    There's allways knew scams thought up and old one's reinvented, and these days you don't know what's real and what's fake.
    It's come to the point were i don't even trust the Bank to handle my money.
    I've been tempted a few times to close the account and just store my money in a Safe..
    At least then it's safe from Hax0rs or other things..
    The only thing that i would have to worry about then is my Missus raiding it every 5 seconds..

Anyhow the that's my 2 cents...

cheers
    creative

BIOS Bomber
    People have to program, and all programs are made by people. People make mistakes. And when some ******* egotesticle programmer makes one, it's up to us to show him the wrong in his ways
    "When in doubt, use Brute Force."

Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

First thoughts - the web site is pretty naff. Which suggests that it is hand made, in his spare time.

Fastest encryption - maybe, maybe not. I didn't see any indepedent test information to support this claim. That it is hardware based is a good thing, but doesn't necessarily mean that is the fastest.

Unhackable - no way. The evidence of this seems to be that the encryption key is particularly large. Which means that by standard blunt methods, it would take forever to crack. But hackers don't usually take such approaches to attacking systems.

No matter how much security you have in place, if your Admin password is "password", it will get broken. That is why no system will ever be unhackable - the human element.