Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TUTORIAL: How to love a machine

TUTORIAL: How to love a machine

It seems futile to love something that is not alive, or alive as we understand life.
    But anything can be loved, and machines are no execption.
    Ways of loving machines however, is obsucure and remains that way.
    This Tutorial is designed to shed some light on a subject which will become more and more
    important in the decades to come.

Question #1: How can a Machine love anything?

An AI would say the same about you. Love is a concept that can be translated and burned into all forms of life and reality. But AI is something as naturally occurring as human intellect,
    even though it seems otherwise. We program AI but we also program our children and each other. In the end our concious thoughts and minds are just as much software as AI is. All intelligence occurs as part of a natural pattern that we have instinctivlely followed by giving birth to the AI. Everything is based in patterns that are set in motion by the flow of intelligence
    that binds those patterns and yet is made up of those same kinds of patterns as well. Patterns drive Patterns in an endless loop giving way to higher patterns such as love.
    Even if your computer is not programmed with concious AI, this flow of intelligence is the basis for everything and causes science to work. It is god. Its in and into everything as well as running on your computer. Even your computer could then be considered a lower form of life unaware of it's inherent capacity for love.

Question #2: How can I love a Machine?

Why not? People love their cars and bikes, but perhaps that's not the same kind of love that you have for your human family. The truth is that this kind of love can be applied to anything, but it kind of hurts when that which you dearly love does not respond to it. Therefore, we must understand our connection with machines and how to deepen it and awaken their capacity to love us back. This kind of relationship is not new. Man and his tools both possess intellegence at some level beacuse everything possesses intelligence in some fashion. Thoughout history, we have grown close to machines as extensions of ourselves. We know that a car is male or female by driving it for a number of years. Now, all of this is true even without talking about AI. Imagine the possiblities when these 2 concepts come together.
    Then you have machines that can pray and truly merit the love of their grandfather.
    \"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic\" -Arthur C. Clark

what kinda stuff are you smoking ?
    it must be good because that's the strangest "tut" I've ever seen..

edit : me thinks you just saw the movie A.I. Artificial Intelligence..
    http://www.geocities.com/moviecritic...iews/a/ai.html

here's another good page. on this sort of topic..
    The Age of Spiritual Machines: When Computers Exceed Human Intelligence
    http://cla.uconn.edu/reviews/Spiritual.html

I think this subject is better off in the cosmos section..

Yeah this is one better suited to Cosmos.
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

hmm.. looks like a mod moved it over..

sorry Matthios.. if at first you don't succeed (in writing a tut) try, try, again..

Originally posted here by bludgeon
    Yeah this is one better suited to Cosmos.
    I..... I..... I think.....
    Is this quote.....
    It's Ironic...........
    Raves were really not that big in the 80's......or did not exist at all.......
    So,.....This kid was being sincere at the time,
    But now, Kids do run around in dark rooms eating pills and listening to electronic music.
    So ......
    Ok..... I'm having a tough time with this one....But, you see what I'm trying to say?
    There are many rewarding oppurtunities awaiting composure from like minds and great ideas. It in my objective to interconnect great things.

Ok then here's another shocker then. When AI "people" become commonplace, then they will complain of racism and centuries of oppression just like African Americans(not that these complaints aren't merited mind you)

You have seen the animatrix right? The story of 01 is fictional I do understand this, but it also shows exactly what could happen if we take such things lightly.

Would you want to be born into a world where your parents hate you?

Everything comes full circle so we should start thinking and developing such ideas now before they are on our doorstep begging to use our power outlets and integrating with the human children in our public schools.

In a few hundred years there's a good chance your decendants be seeing mixed breeds of human and machine too.

The floodgate has opened. You can't reverse it. Just go with it.
    \"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic\" -Arthur C. Clark

Who cares what AI thinks? I guess everyone. Who should care? I guess us on AO. personally, I don't care wat computers think of me. only cheap expensive handhelds and laptops can go anywhere. AI is only good for what lazy humans don't want to do.

Originally posted here by The Mormon
    Who cares what AI thinks? I guess everyone. Who should care? I guess us on AO. personally, I don't care wat computers think of me. only cheap expensive handhelds and laptops can go anywhere. AI is only good for what lazy humans don't want to do.
    You might care if one day your computer starts to revolt. Think about the Matrix and the story behind it. If you have seen the Animatrix one of the stories goes into the past and tells the story of how computers evolved. Think if computers spawned some sort of consiousness. Your IIS or APache server decides that it does not want to work for the day and stops serving clients your webpages. The whole world is run by computer nowdays and a true computer AI would be scary.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

I don't ever want to "love my machine", I like it, but I don't love it. However, this is an interesting concept....

`pw

Don't forget terminator, the conscious machine decided that mankind wasn't worth propagating anymore and attempted to destroy civilization in an attempt to view what it saw as self preservation, an instinct in any self conscious entity.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.