Thread: Illegal Usernames

Illegal Usernames

I have been reading a lot about illegal usernames, what baout these names makes then illegal, and why are they illegal? thanks in advance

slick
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Certain names used to circumvent the AP system, thus users wouldn't be able to assign positive or negative points. Generally, it was through the use of "escape" characters that would be interpreted as a special character rather than just as a character in the name. This technique was useful for trolls that wanted to "troll" or do what they do best -- insult -- others without fear of getting banned (at least not immediately). This particular problem has been fixed now.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage