Download version vs. Retail

Thread: Download version vs. Retail

Download version vs. Retail

I recently checked out the SuSE site, and noticed that they have their 9.0 version out ready for downloading. I was just wondering if it'd be worth it to just dl it (since i have SuSE 8.2 personal), rather than buying it from a store. Gore, Im lookin at you! Just wondering if 9.0 retail has anything amazing to offer that 8.2/Download version doesn't offer. Thanks!
    What do you get when you cross a nun and a penguin?
    An operating system that won\'t go down on you.

Basically when you buy a *nix product your paying for some extra software, and technical support.

thats the only difference really.

I think you'd be just as well to download it.
    =

Ok, thanks for your input Cheyenne, I knew that paying for it was just for the cost of the extra software, etc, but I was just wondering if any of the extra software was extraordinary, that I needed to get. Thanks though! :-)

Well usually, if you see something that you have to pay for, you can usually find a free version available.
    =

By buying the software you are supporting the company, their developers and helping them be able to produce a new version.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

More than likely... that "extra" software... can also be found elsewhere...

www.rpmfind.net

They just package it all together for your convienience. Some people don't have the ultra fast connection that you do...
    (not to mention the support and the docs that come with the boxed version)
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

That's true, didn't think of it that way. SuSE 9.0 here I come! :-D\

Sweet, just saw the upgrade edition for professional for only 50 bucks! (gotta love these prices) Heck ya, im goin with that.

I just went out and got 9.0 Professional! I talked to guy there, and he said they werent shipping upgrade boxes to any stores so I got the full thing. I can just go upgrade with the regular edition though right?

NVM, of course ya can, thank god for YaST! ^^;