Microsoft Windows=unhelpfull

Thread: Microsoft Windows=unhelpfull

Banned

Microsoft Windows=unhelpfull

Is it just me or does windows seem slow? It seems windows can only handle about two commands a second. I'm looking to wipe out windows on my desktop and put linux on instead. My only problem is which kind to use. My desktop is a 2000 version Compaq (I'm cheap) and I am only looking to run games and use the internet. Any suggestions will be apriciated. Thanks

Well, you could always get some more ram/better processor no?

And if you're going to make that jump to linux, I would say do a dual boot?! That way you won't get frustrated if Linux is giving you trouble cause you can always boot up Win too. As far as which linux to choose, just read some reviews and decide which one you like.

I'd go dual boot too, especially if your in to gaming.
    Every now and then, one of you won't annoy me.

Elite Hacker
    If you are going to play games, you will at least want to make a dual boot of windows and linux. Most games out there are not supported by linux, and with the programs like wine that allow you to run them with linux, you just don't get the performance you would get from just running them with windows. As for a distro, I would go with Suse 9. Make sure and install windows first on a dual boot because it just overwrites your mbr.

Banned
    I think I will windows and linux on two different hard drives. RAM isn't much of a problem because its so cheap. I'll use windows for gaming then and linux for everything else. Thanks for your suggestions