Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: http://www.cpanel.net/

AO Part Timer

http://www.cpanel.net/

My question is simple. Has anybody ever downloaded, or used these set of tools? Specifically the cpanel. I am considering using a host whom uses these tools as their managment tools.

The demo here seems to have a tool for everything. I've honestly never used any managment tools like this before. Are they secure...I know nothing is absolutley secure. But would I be better off doing it all by hand? This just seems as if it would be a big time saver. I could also make my partners mode some stuff, and no have to worry that much.

Any advice, flames, help is appreciated.
    Be safe and stay free

my current hosting provider uses it. Its not a bad little app, definatly will save some time in the long run. From what I can tell it seems to be reasonably secure, so I wouldn't worry about that part.

i use it and like it alot. it is extremely widely used and have not heard of any vulnerabilities in it.

The page seems to be password protected

AO Part Timer
    Username: cpdemo
    Password: cpdemo

Go ahead check it out
    Your heart was talking, not your mind.
    -Tiger Shark

AO Part Timer
    Looks like some old exploits. However ironic it maybe, they are good to see. It appears as if in ver 6 they fixed the guestbook sploit. Then in ver 7 they fixed the HTML Tags injection vulnerability.

Nice to see they actually fixed the holes. I couldn't pin-point a time frame from sploit to fix however. It appears they are on top of updates.

Thanks for the links.
    Your heart was talking, not your mind.
    -Tiger Shark

I use CPanel on my reseller account (and as such it filters down to all my clients as well). It's a good interface and fairly easy to use, but some of the error checking is appalling (it would let me create two forwarders with the same name for example). It also depends on what skin you're using, some of them don't work very well but unless your host provides a decent choice you could be stuck with what you get assigned.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

I have the app available for my use with my hosting company, and I like it better than others that I have tried. There are many tools there for you to use, but I have only used a few. Fantastico is nice if your going to be installing any cms or blogging software (other types too I think), it does most of the work for you at the click of the mouse. Ive also used the mysql tools and a little file manager which is a typical one (use ftp, its much nicer). I like it, give it a shot.
    severe limitation

I am using cpanel on a remotely managed host that I have for a website/e-mail/phpBB/mySQL server and have not had any problems with it yet. (Have been using it for about 6 months now) It has a very user friendly interface which at first drove me away from it but once I started to use it, I realized it has all of the abilities that I needed instead of working straight through ssh.

So, it has my two thumbs up; .