Again-Critical Flaws Found in IE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Again-Critical Flaws Found in IE

Again-Critical Flaws Found in IE

Once again more flaws are found in IE.
    A set of new security vulnerabilities have been discovered in Microsoft's Internet Explorer Web browser. If used together, these flaws could allow hackers to compromise user PCs, researchers warned Tuesday.
    Full artical found HERE
    \"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!\"
    Author Unknown

Elite Hacker
    Life would be boring without microsoft products. They always have something for me to watch out for.

Yeah I guess there's 30 of these unpatched bugs/holes/etc in IE. I saw this on NTBugTraq from a guy named Thor who heads up a security research team. They *DID* have a web page up with the holes listed with details but have since taken it down.

You can see their explanation why here http://www.PivX.com/larholm/unpatched/. Maybe M$ got to them.

Thanks for the post Mox.

Seeing stuff like this makes me happy that I've switched over completely to linux (except for gaming)...

Oh... and I still have to deal with this mess at work..

Whee! I get to plan yet another day of patching! (well, after they release a patch) If it wasn't for m$ I may be out of a job...
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Phish, you know that keeping us employed is secretly the reason that M$ makes crappy products. They're just looking out for our well being. If everything ran like Linux, half of us would be out of jobs. Imagine what it would be like if tech support could say something other than re-install the OS, lol.

Seriously though, I think M$ needs to put a hell of a lot more effort into patching these holes, and preventing them from happening in the first place. Whether we like it or not, Windows is the world's OS, as far as most end users are concerned anyways. Microsoft needs to take on the responsibilities to security and performance that their market position demands. People like us don't need a whole lot of outside help when it comes to security, but what about the rest of the world, all those people who think that a kernel is a soldier.

I think I had a single point when I started, but this seems to have turned into a M$ rant. I'll just finish up now. I'm going to add one last thing. One reason that all of these M$ security holes turn up, is that M$ products are geared towards gaining and keeping the market share, M$ still hasn't learned that quality is better than quantity. It's the corporate mindset that has soiled the once pure world of computers. Linux isn't immune to it either. Just look at Red Hat. They still have a chance, but I won't hold my breath.
    Real security doesn't come with an installer.

D0pp139an93r: You have some good points. I know that linux isn't immune. But the chances are far less of me being affected.

When was the last time that you saw some vulnerability hit the mailing lists that concernaed a *nix vuln and in the same day or maybe one day later, there being a workaround/patch for it.

When was the last time you saw a worm that infected millions of linux boxes? Millions of people use them for servers of all kinds, but the admins alway seem to patch their servers. Can you say the same about the windows admins? (not counting the end users)... The m$ blaster is an example. It exploited ms-sql... and the majority of the people using ms-sql were server admins. Looks like their time studying for their MCSE could have been better studying other things.

I think that m$ makes a decent, easy to use OS. I'm not anti-m$. I use their products all the time. But I sure as hell am pro-*nix.

IMO- The way the open source community goes about security is 10x better than the way that m$ goes about it.

Open source doens't by any means mean more secure... but more people have access to study the code, meaning more patches can be rolled out faster. There are the select few that keep their exploits to themselves... but once a couple cases come up, we find out what and where the problem is. Then a patched is released in hours... not months.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Ugh. *Waits around for a patch*.

After they release a patch, I wonder what the patch will break....

I don't have a problem with Windows except The price, security problems, vouln to virii, explotation, lies, bad company practice, reboots for all security patches, reboots for crashes, reboots for regularly schedualed downtime, reboots for installing GAMES, reboots for installing software, reboots, reboots for moving the mouse....

I'm not just pro Open Source, because Open source isn't the only thing that produces UNIX OSs. And that is what I am, Pro *NIX. Even if it means payingn for it.

Microsoft should re release XENIX and DOS. No one had these problems back then. (Now for people who want to jump on my ass, I DID NOT say they had no problems at all, I said they didn't have all the problems like this and liek many I listed.)

Just Another Geek
    Originally posted here by ric-o
    Yeah I guess there's 30 of these unpatched bugs/holes/etc in IE. I saw this on NTBugTraq from a guy named Thor who heads up a security research team. They *DID* have a web page up with the holes listed with details but have since taken it down.

You can see their explanation why here http://www.PivX.com/larholm/unpatched/. Maybe M$ got to them.

Thanks for the post Mox.
    See my post here
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

hmmm....i dont like downloading stuff from windows-update, but i'm getting the patch right this moment, along with some other security updates i still need to get... Thanks for pointing it out moxnix

Gues hackers can have fun now that they know there are flaws in front of them & the patch seem 2 take some time 2 b released