Thread: legalize Polygamy?

legalize Polygamy?

legalize Polygamy? - or - Thank you lord, may i have another?

SALT LAKE CITY -- A lawyer for a Utah man with five wives argued Monday that his bigamy convictions should be thrown out following a Supreme Court decision decriminalizing gay sex.

The nation's high court in June struck down a Texas sodomy law, ruling that what gay men and women do in the privacy of their homes is no business of government.

It's no different for polygamists, argued Tom Green's attorney, John Bucher, to the Utah Supreme Court.

"It doesn't bother anyone, (and with) no compelling state interest in what you do in your own home with consenting adults, you should be allowed to do so," Bucher said.

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationwo...orld-headlines

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

really i guess with the overturning of the sodomy laws anything goes. what's next?: "So i married a herd of horses! thats nobodys concern but my own."

i suppose its not but what does everyone think of whats happening?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Humm never thaught much about poligamy or the reverse (orgot its name) but it makes sense that it should be allowed, marrage is either a religious instatution in which case all ofthe tax and benifits breaks tat come with marrage need to go away, or its a social contract and the religious objections to gay and multipul marrage needs to go away.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

Well marriage is seen as mostly a religious thing... but then, why the tax cuts? Seems to me taxation is a social law rather than a religious one ["God, be merciful to me.. I pay 40% taxes on my income!"] so there should not be any say from the religious circles concerning this issue.

And Tedob1, I understand your reference to horses but... when you have consenting adults that are aware of the implications of this issue, then I think the gov't should not be invloved. Oh, and what about those cultures where poligamy is all right? Should there be a ban on men that wish to immigrate based on that? I'm not saying polygamy is right, but I think there should be little concern from the government regarding this.
    /\\

OMG what would PETA think! Who is to say the horse consents?? I suppose if the horse wakes up and acts scared then it's EDR (equestrian date rape). We could see groups pop up like PABI. People Against Bovine Intercourse, to protect the cows who can't represent themselves since they are mentally handicapped citezens with learning disorder. Or the opposite: BLU - Bovine Lovers United.

"Hey, you cows can't get on this train. This is a people train..."
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.