Computer Suggestions?

Thread: Computer Suggestions?

Computer Suggestions?

I'm looking to spend approx. $850 on a new computer. I'm looking for this to be for gaming and my personal use. So basically, something can has some good memory, graphic/video card. I've got a discount from dell, because I know some people... But I'm just looking for a few suggestions.

Memphis, TN
    Why not build one yourself? You save on the labor, and you can usally get a discount from a company if you order all, or at lest most of them, from that company. Now of course you have to do a little sweet talking, but it works. lol

for $900 I built a Pentium 4 2.8ghz machine with 768MB of PC 3200 Ram, 40GB Wester Digital Hard Drive, Geforce 4 MX 440 Video card 8x agp 64MB ram, Asus P4P800 Motherboard, 52x24x52 CD-RW, and a 16x DVD-ROM. This also included Windows XP home.

Now if you go with a AMD machine you can knock about $75 off. If you want a decent Video card, for $85 you can get a Geforce FX 5200 128MB memory,

Thats what I would do.

But if you don't want to build a PC, then your probably just as well with the dell, and probably won't get anything better from a different company since you know people at dell.

thats my opinion though.