Thread: Antipoint Notification

Antipoint Notification

you all know how it says "you have new antipoints" when you log on and have new AP's, right? well, since that stays there, i often find myself checking to see if i have new ones, but instead find the same one i looked as when i logged on.i propose a way to acknowledge that youve seen a new AP assignment, something as simple as maybe a button next to un acknowledged AP's...just my $0.02

slick

Elite Hacker
    It's the same way with pm's. You get one, and it keeps saying you have a new one until you log out and log back in. It doesn't stay unread, it just keeps saying you have a new one, just to clarify. All I do is read the new AP's I get, then log out and log back in to get a fresh start. That's an easy fix for now. I don't know if it is worth the code to change it when you can just log out and log back in. It would be nice though if you checked your AP's then hit refresh and went to the homepage, it would not say that you have new AP's. Same goes for PM's.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Actually, if you do a "Mark all Posts as Read" it resets the "you have received new APs" and PM count to 0 (until you receive more obviously).
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Elite Hacker
    Cool, thanks MsM. That's what I was looking for, I don't know about slick though.

The "Mark all forums read" link actually just sets your lastvisit and lastactivity timestamp to the current time (the same as if you had logged out and back in again). Perhaps we should add a link in the "Your Account" section of the homepage that would refresh your session data. Unfortunately, all of these different object types use the lastvisit and lastactivity data to decide whether anything new has arrived, so it's not possible to refresh one w/o refreshing the others as well.

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.