Thread: My Mother Board.

Question My Mother Board.

I have a Test Computer that my sister gave me and she got it free from her College for getting her GED, I think. Any way the ROM Bios has a password set and I need to get into that. I have allready tried removing the battery and booting it without the battery and then booting it back up with the battery but it still has a password. So I need to find out the password or remove it.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Who is the Motherboard and BIOS manufacturer?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

once you find that out, you can just go here and look it up in the backdoor passwords section. if that does not work i think there are other ways to do it listed on the link...good luck !

slick
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

There is usually a bios password jumper setting on the bank close to the processor. If you go to the manufacturer's website you should find a plan of the jumper settings. There might even be a chart stuck inside the computer somewhere.

If you take the battery out you may have to leave it 12 hours or more, depending on the capacitors. Make sure that the PC is unplugged at the time.

Cheers

It is AWARD bios, I'm not sure of the brand.

so since its an award, try these
    Award BIOS backdoor passwords:

ALFAROME
    ALLy
    aLLy
    aLLY
    ALLY
    aPAf
    _award
    AWARD_SW
    AWARD?SW
    AWARD SW
    AWARD PW
    AWKWARD
    awkward BIOSTAR
    CONCAT
    CONDO
    Condo
    d8on
    djonet
    HLT
    J64
    J256
    J262
    j332
    j322 KDD
    Lkwpeter
    LKWPETER
    PINT
    pint
    SER
    SKY_FOX
    SYXZ
    syxz
    shift + syxz
    TTPTHA
    ZAAADA
    ZBAAACA
    ZJAAADC

slick
    \"Look, Doc, I spent last Tuesday watching fibers on my carpet. And the whole time I was watching my carpet, I was worrying that I, I might vomit. And the whole time, I was thinking, \"I\'m a grown man. I should know what goes on my head.\" And the more I thought about it... the more I realized that I should just blow my brains out and end it all. But then I thought, well, if I thought more about blowing my brains out... I start worrying about what that was going to do to my goddamn carpet. Okay, so, ah-he, that was a GOOD day, Doc. And, and I just want you to give me some pills and let me get on with my life. \" -Roy Waller

Ok I tried all of those passwords and none of them worked. So what do I do?

As I suggested..................

1. Find the BIOS password jumper switch. Move it to the opposite position & boot the computer. Shut down the computer. Move the jumper switch back. Reboot.

2. Take the battery out and leave the machine disconnected for at least 12 hours......24 would be better, to allow the capacitors to drain. Put battery back.

3. Maybe your sister could find the answer? I would not be very impressed with a gift that I could not use Could she ask the people at her college?

Cheers

Originally posted here by nihil
    As I suggested..................

1. Find the BIOS password jumper switch. Move it to the opposite position & boot the computer. Shut down the computer. Move the jumper switch back. Reboot.

2. Take the battery out and leave the machine disconnected for at least 12 hours......24 would be better, to allow the capacitors to drain. Put battery back.

3. Maybe your sister could find the answer? I would not be very impressed with a gift that I could not use Could she ask the people at her college?

Cheers
    I just have to mention that the machine needs to be unplugged from the wall. (Dont even ask how many people have taken their battery out expecting it to reset everything and have called me only for me to find out the power cord was still plugged into the wall)
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

It doesn't have a jumper . I did take out the battery but it still has a password. I only took it out for like 15 minutes so I will take it out for 24 Hours and see what happens. If that doesn't work I am just gonna trash it and mess around with another computer i have lying around . The only thing that it had that was really worth keeping anyway was the moniter.