Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Understanding DoS

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Yes Neel but as NullDevice said..
    I would like to cover DDoS, and DRDoS attacks in different articles. So they are almost left out of these.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Kwiep
    Yes I saw that, but I thought what the hell now I'm reading I could aswell spend a few seconds posting that link.
    I rephrased the post, because I don't want to look like a jerk now
    Double Dutch

Right neel...well as for me i will like to cove DRDoS and DDoS in different parts coz i would be looking for the role of tools like trintoo, IRC bots etc in these attacks and if possible for some code snippets etc. not just all the theory stuff...

PS: This was something that i said at the presenatation. SO next time they dig me up for the presenattion on these topic they will be here on AO too.

Anyhow MSMittens, certainly next time i will list the source ( as many as possible ) .
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

Even if it is copy pasted the eiting job is worth appreciation.But you have 2 give due credits man,

Hi iam currently writing a senior research report on the internet and the dangers that can go along with using it and one of my topics is the DoS attack. i was wondering if i could use the information that you wrote in my paper. i promise i will be sure to cite you as the author if it is okay to use you information.

Originally posted here by jhunt18
    Hi iam currently writing a senior research report on the internet and the dangers that can go along with using it and one of my topics is the DoS attack. i was wondering if i could use the information that you wrote in my paper. i promise i will be sure to cite you as the author if it is okay to use you information.
    you should check out http://staff.washington.edu/dittrich/misc/ddos/ (dave dittrich) it is the mother of all pages on ddos (AFAIK). A must read if you are interested in DOS
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

it is all irrelevent tome. as long as it is a good tutorial than it is a good tutorial. Just post the sources. any who Great Work (for on nite of copy and paste)
    [gloworange]PsychoJester[/gloworange]

really a good tutotrial no doubt !! hoping some more nice works in near future

I Like DDOS ,,,,, Thanx
    Don\'t Be So HumblE>>>>
    You aRe N0T tHaT GreaT<<<<

thats cool man too bad i just wrote a 5 page paper on this it would of helped out a lot but hey its all good right. its really good though man i like it. i actually learned alot!!! even though i wrote that paper (great reading) and for noODle thx for the links man im going to go read those now to see if it has anymore information.