Problem with Exposed

Thread: Problem with Exposed

Problem with Exposed

There is a program by Red Dragon Software called Exposed. This pogram was installed for security reasons. I wanted to see what type of hidden files I had on my computer. The instillation process went fine, but when I hit finsh to open the program an errror happened.

"Exposed.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows.
    You will need to restart the program.

An error log is being created."

After restarting the program I recieved the same error message. I am running Windows 2000 on a Laptop.

An information on fixing this problem will be appreciated. Thanx in advance.
    BLUEWOLF
    [glowpurple]The inside secrets of big buisness are being leaked onto the Net - (who\'s fault is that ) - Me[/glowpurple] http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=419

do you have administrator rights to the machine?
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Elite Hacker
    Their website pretty much gives no info. It may not even run on win2000, the website doesn't really say what it's compatible with, so I guess you are to assume all versions of windows. When you installed it did any documentation get installed into the directory of installation. If so take a look at that. It also could require some libraries or something to run and that's why it gives you errors. Your best be is to try and find some documentation in the install directory. You should be able to view that regardless of whether the program runs. It's hard to help with so little info. You may just not be able to use that program. I'm sure there are others out there that do the same thing anyway. If I were you I would start lookin for one now.

edit
    good point tedob1, I didn't think of that. Hopefully you were just logged on as someone besides the administrator and you can just log on with your administrative account, and it will install and work perfectly. It's kindof wierd that it would insall all the way through with no errors though if this is the problem. Maybe it didn't need the rights to install, but some of the operations that the program does require administrative priviledges. Hope it all gets sorted out for you soon.

Thanx heretic and tedob1. I will try and see if there is an adminstrative account. As for searching for another program which does the same exact thing I havent got around to it yet.

Later Bluewolf
    [glowpurple]The inside secrets of big buisness are being leaked onto the Net - (who\'s fault is that ) - Me[/glowpurple] http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=419