Thread: Rediscover AOL cleanup

Rediscover AOL cleanup

I recently had a friend download Rediscover AOL on to my comp... after i crashed the keyboard on his head, i got on to removing it. It doesn't offer a uninstall option ( ) but i managed to remove most of it by following the proggie path and by doing a registry cleanup.
    Problem is it's creating a 'Links' folder on my favorites and i've done everything i can to prevent it from creating that folder, but it keeps doing it over and over again...

This isn't much of a problem but still i don't like the idea of them being smarter than me ...

Guidence wanted here.

greetz

Antionline Herpetologist
    Try checking HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run or HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and see whether there are any programs set to run at startup. And if the links folder has the same links as those on a default install of IE then AFAIK there is no way to remove them (on IE 6 they are Customize Links, Free Hotmail, Windows and Windows Media).
    Cheers,
    cgkanchi
    Buy the Snakes of India book, support research and education (sorry the website has been discontinued)
    My blog: http://biology000.blogspot.com