Computer Assessment help

Thread: Computer Assessment help

Computer Assessment help

could somebody help out with this problem i have, i have to hand in an assessment on tuesday and im having trouble with a question here it is

Describe the role of each of the following:

Address Bus
    Data Bus
    Decoder

In terms of how the CPU communicates with memory and other internal deevices.

Could someone help please
    Thanx

Im sure google can assist you greatly with this mission...We studied this stuff in chapter 1 of my cisco course so it should be an easy finder....gl
    "Serenity is not the absence of conflict, but the ability to cope with it."

AO's Mr Grumpy

Re: Computer Assessment help

Originally posted here by Cube3k
    could somebody help out with this problem i have, i have to hand in an assessment on tuesday and im having trouble with a question here it is

Describe the role of each of the following:

Address Bus
    Data Bus
    Decoder

In terms of how the CPU communicates with memory and other internal deevices.

Could someone help please
    Thanx
    Is this a question from your HNC/HND Computer Architecture Module ? If so, where are your notes? ------ pm me with what you have for submission so far, and we'll see if you are on the right track.

Nip down to the library and have a look at the latest Bigelow's Computer Maintenance & Repair Manual. Although it is a troubleshooting guide, it is pretty good at explaining how things work.

Google for "how things work"..... I think the website is still around? then search the site for the items you are interested in. Their articles go into a bit more detail (usually) but are not product or OS specific (unless relevant)

Cheers

http://www.webopedia.com/

They have lots of information and definitions...
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)