Thread: CPU Temp

Post CPU Temp

I was wondering if it was possible to retrieve the CPU Temp through windows xp using VB, C++ or C#. I have an P4 Abit motherboard w/ factory temp reader. thx
    Nothing sounds more like freedom than the thunderous roll of a Tomahawk.

It is definitely passible, as there are a number of applications available to do it. You need to know the address of the temperature pin in order to get it, though, and I don't know how to do that.

However, you might want to take a look at Motherboard Monitor. It will monitor things like core voltage, fan speed, and case temp as well. Very handy utility.
    Government is like fire - a handy servant, but a dangerous master - George Washington
    Government is not reason, it is not eloquence - it is force. - George Washington.

Join the UnError community!

Striek is quite right....it is theoretically possible but very difficult to put into practice

The main problem is that the MoBo and processor combinations are so varied, and the manufacturers are apparently reluctant or slow in releasing those details.

I tested two monitoring systems for guys a couple of years ago, I deleted both apps as I knew they were reporting rubbish (the box would have exploded!!!)_They are most reliable with home built machines and least reliable with branded ones like Dell. I suspect that this might be due to customised BIOSes???.

I tested with seven machines. Only 5 were recognised, and only 2 gave believable results.

Cheers