Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who bumped that thread?

Who bumped that thread?

I think this has been discussed here before, but there should really be a record of who bumps threads. That feature has legitamite uses, but the way it is, it is too easy to abuse. Recently, a bunch of two year old and three year old threads were bumped. According to the search, the last post in each one was made by the last posting user at the time it was bumped.

And we have no idea who did it.

/edit
    Just saw the link at the bottom of this thread. Couple of good ideas in there, other than posting the name of the bumper:

Perhaps even if you required say 50 posts before you could bump up threads, or a similar restriction?
    From now on, only users that have actually posted in the thread, are able to bump it up.
    sgsdfgdfsgfdsgdfgsdfg
    ghsj

Banned
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...756#post692117

I agree, starting to piss me off, closed a few threads but on my slow ass connection delting them would take a while and I have an essay to do. Anyway good suggesstion.

I'd have to add a field to the DB to hold "who bumped" info, but I for now added "This thread was bumped at (date/time)" below the AP Status at the top of the thread.

- h

(now I will sleep ... what am doing I still working on this stuff?)
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.

Nice, I think the date is incorrect

edit
    (I bumped the thread and it said 'this thread was bumped on 12-09-2003", it disappeared after I posted so I will no bump it again )
    edit 2:
    'Can't bump a thread twice within 5 hours'

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    This thread was bumped at 12-09-2003 09:25 AM
    You mean this? Hehe.. Time is ok (about 5 min slow) but the date is about a week fast.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Now there are some threads I would LIKE to bump into the middle of next week .....

That's what I get for working late. The bump date/time should be correct now.

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.

Elite Hacker
    The time still seems to be wrong. It is 10:23 pm for me right now and this thread says it was bumped up and 11:14 pm. Even if it went by standard GMT it would not have been posted at the time of the bump up. It was posted at 8:49 pm GMT-6 hours. That would be 2:49 am at standard GMT. Is the bump up maybe set to your time mnstrlgrl, or is it custom to everyone's time set in their site preferences(if so it is wrong). I don't know what the problem is but I think the time is wrong, at least for me.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    It's right for me. And I think mnstrgrl is in EST (albeit about 4 min slow). I think it's set to server time.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    Originally posted here by mnstrgrl
    (now I will sleep ... what am doing I still working on this stuff?)
    In my experience sleep is important to accurate coding work - If you burn the candle at both ends you just end up making more work for yourself by writing shite.

"Rock -a- by Baby......."

Steve
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com